My site svcadm.tk is currently running on the Drupal 7 cms.
Unfortunately, it is unable to check for the core/modules/themes updates. The status report says:
Now, I did follow the instructions (from the drupal site as well) and uncommented the bottom line of /sites/default/settings.php and assigned the recommended permissions.HTTP request status Fails
Your system or network configuration does not allow Drupal to access web pages, resulting in reduced functionality. This could be due to your webserver configuration or PHP settings, and should be resolved in order to download information about available updates, fetch aggregator feeds, sign in via OpenID, or use other network-dependent services. If you are certain that Drupal can access web pages but you are still seeing this message, you may add $conf['drupal_http_request_fails'] = FALSE; to the bottom of your settings.php file.
Nothing changes. So I check again (via filezilla).
The file and directories have reverted to the earlier values (settings.php 444, /default 555) and not the changed values (640 and 755). I change again and again and the same thing keeps happening.