Hello everyone, I'm going to be writing a tutorial on how to make custom userbars here! Please enjoy and comment on how I've done with detail and everything.
Here it goes:
- Open up Photoshop CS3
- Create a new canvas with the dimensions 350x19 (width x height).
- Make the background transparent.
- Use the gradient tool to make the background fade from one color to the other.
- Create another new document with the dimensions 3x3. Make sure the background is transparent.
- Zoom in as far as you can. Use the pencil tool on the newest document and draw a diagonal line going from the top right to the bottom left.
- Click Edit > Define Pattern and save the pattern with the name 'scanline'. -No quotations.
- Go back to your userbar, create a new layer, and click Edit > Fill > Pattern from the dropdown list, and select the scanline pattern. Change the opacity of the fill to 25%.
- Use your elliptical marquee tool to select the top half of the userbar, with the sides slanting up to the corners. Click Edit > Fill > Color from the dropdown list, and choose white (#ffffff). Leave the opacity at 25%.
- Add a logo to the left side of the userbar, anything you like. I used the Xanthom Designs logo from their website.
- Add some pixel font text to the right side with whatever you want. I chose Xanthom Designs Administrator.
- Give your text a 1px, black stroke with the opacity turned down to 50%.
- Use your rectangle marquee tool to select the entire canvas after creating a new layer on your document.
- Click Edit > Stroke and use 1px as the size, black (#000000) as the color, and the location as Inside.
- Save the document as userbarname.gif. CompuServe GIF imagetypes are the best for userbars.
And there you have it, your own custom userbar!