How to Clear Your Browser Cache
From Free Hosting Wiki
Revision as of 14:58, 10 January 2011 by Stpvoice
Clearing your browser cache can often help you troubleshoot DNS issues, especially when experiencing the default web page CGI. This is probably the only time I need to do this.
Due to the many browsers, we will try and cover as many as possible.
Mozilla Firefox (Version 3+)
- Click "Tools", then "Clear Recent History".
- A box will pop up asking you to specify what you want to clear. Select "Everything" from the drop-down menu, and ensure the only ticked box is Cache.
- Click "clear now".
- Restart your browser (may not be necessary with newer versions).
Internet Explorer 8
- Click "Safety", then select "Delete Browsing History...".
- A window will appear. Adjust the tick boxes so only "Temporary internet files" is ticked. Do not tick "Preserve favourites website data".
- Once you're happy you've done that, click delete.