Before being able to use MySQL, you should Create a MySQL Database And User through cPanel. Then you need to configure your script to connect to MySQL, the following settings should be used:
- Host/Server Name = localhost
- Port = 3306 (not necessary)
- Username = Your cPanel username followed by an underscore and the MySQL username you configured in cPanel
- Password = The password that you used when creating the MySQL user
- Database = Your cPanel username followed by an underscore and the name of the database that you created in cPanel
Remember: Free hosting accounts do not have remote MySQL access.