Before being able to use MySQL, you should create a MySQL database and user through cPanel. Then you need to configure your script to connect to MySQL, the following settings should be used:
- Host/Server Name: localhost
- Port: 3306 (not necessary)
- Username: Your cPanel username followed by an underscore and the MySQL username you configured in cPanel
- Password: The password that you used when creating the MySQL user
- Database: Your cPanel username followed by an underscore and the name of the database that you created in cPanel
Remember: Free hosting accounts do not have remote MySQL access.