What are my email settings
x10hosting supports many ways of sending emails to your users. However, some have restriction to prevent abuse.
Using x10Hosting's mail server
All mail sent through x10Hosting's mail server are subject to the following restrictions:
- The "from" address must be an email address you created in cPanel.
- There is a hourly/daily limit on the number of emails that you can send.
This function uses by default the sendmail program to send emails to it's recipients. You simply need to specify the recipient and add a email account defined in cPanel as the from address in the additional headers.
Sending mail using SMTP typically requires using a third party library such as Pear::Mail* or PHPMailer*. The configuration is:
- Mail Server Username: email name+your domain
- Mail Server Password: email address password
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.your domain (server requires authentication) port 25
- Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) your server.x10hosting.com (server requires authentication) port 465
- Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)
* x10hosting does not endorce or recommend any software, script, library or any other material.