Will Do Web Design Work For Credits

kbjradmin

Reaction score
hi, i am currently trying to work towards getting a domain and so i need some credits. so i have decided that i will do web design work for credits.

i know:
> HTML / XHTML
> CSS
> some PHP
> some JavaScript

if you're interested, send me a PM with the information about the site and how many credits you're offering me.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
OK, nice site but I want to let you know of something.
click on details, the text goes right over the table in Safari, haven't tested other browsers yet though...

konekt

Reaction score
A few things you might want to clean up on your site before offering services:
prob.jpg

The theme selector doesn't work in FF.

On the order tab it says to click the button below... I see no button below.

Also, resizing windows is a big no-no in design. I don't think I've ever continued my visit on a site that resized my window... it is that annoying.

Last edited:

rockee

Reaction score
Just to add to the comments already, it is no good adding a W3C CSS Validation image and link if this is just not true - your page gives CSS Validation Error and is not a good indication of your design skills or your honesty - this needs fixing.

Also a centered continuous single paragraph ramble is not very professional either, apart from being hard to read - split it into more paragraphs and use a spell/grammar checker if English is not your native language.

If you want to be a successful web designer you need to install on your PC all the major browsers and test your designs in each, so if there is a particular browser issue with display you are in a position to remedy those issues - if your CSS conforms to standards, then most of your display issues may be resolved.

What may display well in one browser may not display as intended in another, as is clearly evident in your own page design.

To sum up, if you want to sell web site design, first have a site that is worthy, accurate and conforms to markup standards which is able to be validated so as you can advertise your skills with confidence.

Another tip is don't be too reliant on JavaScript or any client side scripting language, as in todays Internet environment there are more and more site visitors turning off client side scripting all together with predictable results - use CSS instead to do the same functions.

Resizing, as pointed out by Konekt, is a big no no that can be overcome by creating your site in 800x600 by default (there are still a majority of your visitors who will have this resolution and will have to scroll horizontally to see your design and, as you should be aware, horizontal scrolling is as big a no no as is resizing your visitors browser) then if a visitor has JavaScript enabled, detect that visitors screen resolution and serve an alternate page in that resolution of 1024x768 perhaps, also keep in mind the growing number of wide screen monitors proliferating the computer market.

If you are going to take payment for a jobs using e-commerce, usually web design requires a down payment, then you must be honest and upfront with who you are and where you can be contacted in the real world.
Most people won't pay up front to someone who chooses to remain anonymous or uses obscure and perhaps false personal details - just a heads up on this, that might affect your ongoing e-commerce business development.

In any case, good look with your business venture and don't provide a link to PayPal unless you point out that the link is going there, which your's is not. ;)

Remember we all had to learn these skills, so "go with the force Luke, go with the force". :)

Regards,
Rocky

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I also suggest Firefox's WebDeveloper Toolbar Addon. (I hope that is the name)
It tells you if a page has errors or not.

kbjradmin

Reaction score
you're the second person that has told me it doesn't validate, but everytime i try, it says it does validate. i don't know what's going on, but it is valid code.

valid.jpg

thank you both for the feedback.

edit:
i personally don't use firefox, but i just downloaded it and looked at my page and the first thing i said was "oh, dear god". it looks like i'm going to have to set up a whole new set of css files for firefox.

thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Last edited:

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest, your layout does not appeal to me. If you would like to work as a designer you need to show that you can create a site/design a layout that is compatible for all users not just one small group. In addition, you shouldn't use ads on your portfolio site. It doesn't look professional.

kbjradmin

Reaction score
i am currently working on making new css files for different browsers and resolutions. all of the bug should be worked out within a week or two.