!!!! The NEW Biggest thread !!!!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have no clue, but I've heard sometime this month to next month. I'm waiting for the full version of Vista Service Pack 1 to come out for my Vista machine.

megaman4278

Reaction score
The SP3 for XP's been released to manufacturing sometime around April 26 I think, according to the other forums I've been to lately. It'll be released to the rest of the XP users through update at April 29, which is tomorrow if you're from my place. :biggrin:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Well, it is April 28th right now, so I should be expecting some service pack updates very soon for my XP machine. For the Vista machine however, there is a Service Pack 1 I'm hearing for Vista, but it's not showing in Microsoft Updates. I believe that this is because of some of my hardware is known to have problems, such as the Gigabit Ethernet On-Board card I have, or my TV tuner, so I can't get it unless I wait for drivers or go to the Microsoft website, download it manually and install it, and risk messing up my computer slightly.

Well, Microsoft is working to get those drivers working good with SP1, so I can wait for a little while.

Last edited:

marshian

Reaction score
I think XP SP3 isn't out yet, but in bèta testing (not sure)
I know Vista SP1 is out, but you might have to install every other possible update before you can actually install SP1.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I'm going to be looking for some updates to Vista for my gaming computer. I have everything including the optional things installed from Microsoft Update already on there, but I think it may not be offering me everything so I'll have to go hunting to compare drivers for my hardware based on the driver date I currently have installed. Otherwise, I should start to see some newer drivers come out within a month or so from now, so that should help me out a bit. I can always wait for SP1, but not for too long though. As for the XP machine, hopefully sometime around tonight the download goes up so I can keep an eye on the computer as it updates. Wouldn't want anything going wrong with it.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Don't do it. I asked you on IRC not to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom743

Reaction score
I think XP SP3 isn't out yet, but in bèta testing (not sure)
I know Vista SP1 is out, but you might have to install every other possible update before you can actually install SP1.
Ive got sp3 (beta)!

naresh

Reaction score
its going very hectic, exam times and lots of books to be revised
study
study
and
study

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
its going very hectic, exam times and lots of books to be revised
study
study
and
study

Heh, I don't study for anything and I'm pretty high when it comes down to things. I'm a little weak on Math and Spanish though :(

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
lol random:

namnls-42.png

hopper

Reaction score
don't touch that dial, you're tuned to the commercial channel.. all commercials all the time.. an eternity of useless products to rot your skeevy little minds.. FOREVER!!

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Gotta love DVRs and Adblock! No commercials, no ads.

federico_casares

Reaction score
I'm at work fighting with a piece of Javascript code that refuses to work in IE6... Any other IE6 haters here? :biggrin:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I hate IE6. Actually, any Tech Savy person you ask who knows about IE6, IE7 and other browsers will say that IE6 is terrible.