Updating Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
In our continuing effort to move forward with the new version of x10 I will be starting to make forum modifications over the next few days and possibly week or two.

I'm going to start this evening by upgrading from 3.6 to 3.7 of vBulletin. This may cause some 'features' of the forum to stop working.

-Corey

VPmase

Reaction score
Gotta sacrifice something to become better right? :)
In this case its time and features.

Scott B

Reaction score
Okay sounds great ;)
But does this mean the credits system will be down again?

VPmase

Reaction score
Possibly if the some of the core variables in vBulletin that the credits mod uses change. Not every mod works with every version of vBulletin.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
lol. i was gonna post: "is not accessing the forums one of the issues" then I got a 404, a 403, and a 505 at the same time :D

figu120

Reaction score
That good news…
So whether to lack something like this…
So the upgrade of the forum is not so difficult but it takes time, I take my site with 2 days to upload the database and updates…
It was easy because it is the only forum that did not break the DB at the time to update…

So the only thing bad is the style of the site, is the most delayed because the version 3.7.1 has many variables and many additional options which previous style does not support…
It is the most tedious of the upgrade…
Well and wish you luck

Postscript… (servers Stoli not fully supports the vBulletin 3.7.1) there are many sections that the page is blank, the support vBulletin say it's a server, because otherwise the administration is left blank. The which my access is very limited…
I expect prompt response…
Translation thanks to Google

alv4

Reaction score
:O Interesting..
I wait the new 3.7.1 Vbulletin =)

whinis

Prime Account
Reaction score
Is registering one of the options disabled because my friend tried to register and he gave him a fatal php error

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Nice, 3.7 is much more safer right now anyway.. =P

Lol server's loosing connection to SQL every few seconds.. xD

~Blaze

eagleeyed

Reaction score
I am guessing the following is a issue regarding the updated version of vBulletin, with it no longer being compatible, or just links stuff, as is the case for the images.

At current the feature requests section is having issues, where you cannot click yes or no when it asks whether or not you would like that feature implimented. It just returns a error.

You are probably aware of this, but I thought I should let you know just in case.

Cheers.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the news Corey.

mrmason

Reaction score
Sounds great and completely understandable. Review what I have here and if there is any way I can help beyond activity, please let me know.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Thanks for the news. I'm looking forward to the new version.

When I logged in this morning I thought "What the hell has happened?!?!" lol.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I just tried to post and it took 5 attempts lol, I kept getting blank pages :p

Let's hope the upgrade goes well and that everything works OK after it, otherwise you guys are gonna be busy over the next few days. :)

-Luke.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I tried to post and it said that it was too similar to the one I last posted.

Last post: I think ect..

Um, no!

But then it redirected me to the post it just said I couldn't make...

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Please refrain from posting bugs and issues caused by the update in this thread. Corey and the other administrators will ask you to do this if they need help with it.

This needs to be done at some point and it may as well be done sooner rather than later. It'll pay off a lot once it's done, so please be patient in the meantime.

-Luke.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay, small update...There is really no news on how far it's going, but it is...Corey has told me that to get all the files and everything copied over may take until the end of the weekend, also during this time bugs will start getting fixed, if you have any problems, please post them in the correct forum section, this way we can smooth out the bugs as they come.

If i here any news i will let you know.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Corey, hope to see the new x10 soon! So this ewplains why the forum was all screwed up early this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.