How to stretch a site on any screen, anyone?

1 angel undercover

Reaction score
How can I stretch the site I am developing on any screen?
When I made it at a 1024 x 790 screen, the center would not be the same on a bigger screen :dunno: help :dunno:

eod696

Reaction score
percentages. Thats at least where you should start, by making the width of every div and table in your website a percentage. Experiment with that and you'll find a way im sure, but the links javajenius gave are sure to help.

1 angel undercover

Reaction score
Hi, I appreciate your replies guys, apparently, I forgot to include that I am not quite familiar on codes, I'm using Dreamweaver. Can you help me still? Thank you so much. However, if i really have to do that on the code view of Dreamweaver, I'll do my best to comply with the steps you included on your link. Thank you so much again!

DS Gamers

Reaction score
Dreamweaver can be very useful if you are new to using HTML but in the long term it isn't as useful as CSS and "<div>" tags. If your site is written in tables then I don't think Dreamweaver lets you put in percentages. Instead you could browse through the code and just look for numbers like "14px" and change them to a percentage that is close to what you want. Also a very handy tool for editing code without changing the file is the FireBug plugin for Firefox.

hamsn

Reaction score
you have to add fluid layouts for this, but it must match accordingly with your design

i think its done with css
am i rite others?

oscetips

Reaction score
if its tables you can use <table align="center"> otherwise a nifty way with divs is to use <div style="margin:0px auto;"> ...... the auto tells the div to make sure it has equal space on each side of it ;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
One thing about stretching or shrinking sites, I suggest to leave pictures/images at their original resolution and not change their size unless you re-sample the image. Otherwise, it just doesn't look right.

T

themasterrocker

Yeah there is a way to do this. In fact i've done it as well on my site until i put a theme on the page, You have to div alot and it's on a website, try looking at my forum in further pages. (i don't think it got closed)

T

themasterrocker

do it in css:

HTML:
body {
width:100%;
height:100%;
}

Yeah, i tried that way, when my thread was open.... It didn't work. I had to search websites after websites and i finally got it, thing is my thread is shut now so i can't refere to it because i can't find it, but i was using a picture i had made, so it differs if he/she is using a picture on the server or not.