Mysql

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheat

Reaction score
Hi i am trying to install phpbb3 and i get an error with the mysql database i had yhis problem with my other forum and my mate logged in and put all the permisons on and it worked but i can't do that on my CP.

Please reply
Edit:
Hi i am trying to install phpbb3 and i get an error with the mysql database i had yhis problem with my other forum and my mate logged in and put all the permisons on and it worked but i can't do that on my CP.

Please reply
it was my5gb my last host

Last edited:

cheat

Reaction score
Could not connect to the database, see error message below.
Access denied for user 'cheat_phpbb'@'localhost' to database 'cheat_phpbb'

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Did you link the MySQL user and the MySQL database together and set the permissions for the user? (Can be done in cPanel).

cheat

Reaction score
Did you link the MySQL user and the MySQL database together and set the permissions for the user? (Can be done in cPanel).
thats what my problem is i cant set the permissions

i know thats what is worng

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
On the MySQL Databases page in cPanel there is a section called "Add User To Database" use this to added the correct MySQL user to the database. It'll then ask you to set the permissions (Just tick "All Privileges").

cheat

Reaction score
On the MySQL Databases page in cPanel there is a section called "Add User To Database" use this to added the correct MySQL user to the database. It'll then ask you to set the permissions (Just tick "All Privileges").
Thanks mate have + rep and credit donation!

Status
Not open for further replies.