Anyone tried Google Chrome?

sunfire79

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this beta browser from Google, which is based on the open-source WebKit?

I think a mobile version will probably make its way onto the Android mobile O/S!

It's still in beta so there's room for improvement, so in the meantime I'd be sticking to Firefox 3 & Opera.

Would you be giving Chrome a try?

Last edited:

alz45

Reaction score
I'm trying it out now. It's alright, it doesn't have all of the skins and add-ons that Firefox and IE have but it has a lot of unique features like the 'Incognito' window, the Task Manager etc. but as you said, it's still in Beta version so they might be added later on. But there is a lot more room to view the website as there is no "File, Edit" bar and no status bar at the bottom.

Last edited:

mujtaba91

Reaction score
I just installed...
Its nice, sleek and faster than FF 3

The best feature i liked is that you can resize all textareas on a webpage...!
I loved it

Last edited:

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I also love how fast google chrome is for some webpages (especially gmail). I haven't tested it a lot expect for that but it seems good.

edu2004eu

Reaction score
I tried it, since I was part of pre-beta testing... anyway... it's much faster than any Firefox... and uses pretty few resources... I would recommend it to anybody.

kirtik

Reaction score
Anyone tried posting in an existing thread without making a new one? :/

opine4me

Reaction score
I have installed it and tried it out a little bit. Pretty spiffy, albeit a little bare bones (not that that is necessarily a bad thing). Definitely fast. Certainly doesn't feel like beta software in terms of being crashy, etc.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
try to drag one tab outside the "tab bar" :p. Or onto another chrome window :p

Dan

Reaction score
It seems OKish to me.
But as it is still BETA I'm sticking with good old firefox.

Also, anyone noticed there are already 2 threads a bit like this in the Crossfire forum...?

jhnrk

Reaction score
Chrome is nice browser, and it's indeed very fast and uses less ram than FF.
As good as Chrome is, I can't use it due lack of Java (unless you opt to get beta version of Java) and plugin support.
There are also FF plugins I just can't live without.

hamsn

Reaction score
it is supposed to be 42x faster than IE and 14x than FireFox3
but bugs are also reported, where its all tabs crash
its simple and fast though.
ok for basic browsing with less resources.
It has kept very simple, not many menus.

Wizet

Reaction score
Dissapointment: No HTML Editor in cPanel in Google Chrome.

kkenny

Reaction score
I call Google Chrome something like a FireFox light, it has the fast loading speed of FireFox, combined with the light loading speed we all desire, only sacrificing lots of conveniences that FF gives us.

Cobol to Java

Reaction score
Chrome is a cool browser. A like the default theme. It's fast but it sometimes crashes in on me.

shakaum

Reaction score
the best browser i have ever seen....this is the start of the best for google..lets hope more features are added in the final release..

bosfight

Reaction score
I liked it for the most part, but it doesn't work with a couple games I've tried (ghost online being one) and games are very important to me... Almost as important as cartoons.

allen92

Reaction score
I currently use it on my laptop. It's a great piece of software. I loving the fact that although a webpage can freeze, chrome doesn't let that stop you. You can just close out the offending website, and not all you other tabs, unlike Firefox which would require you to close out the whole program in some instances(I was a devout Firefox user by the way).

I talk more about Firefox vs. Chrome more at my website: http://freehelpdesk.co.cc/ Click on the team blog option.

Zoomish

Reaction score
I enjoyed Google Chrome. It had great features such as Pulling a Tab out and turning it into a window or a window into a tab. The major probleam was the lag that would delay me a couple of minutes if i had multiple tabs up. if the lag was fixed id probably switch to it.