[OFF][400-1000 credits]Banner/Logo design contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xemnas

Reaction score
At the moment my website, DuelWare, is lacking a banner (for the website) and logo (for both the site and the Windows client I'm coding). Since I fail (big-time!) at web graphics, and I have quite a bit of cash on hand, I'm offering 400 credits for the best banner design, and 600 credits for the best logo. To enter, simply post your design here indicating if it's a banner or logo, or send it to me in a PM titled "[design type] entry" without the quotes (where [design type] is either "Banner" or "Logo" without quotes). You can enter designs for either or both, as many times as you like. Rules for entries:

• The banner's size should be 600 x 80 pixels;
  • Your entries should, but don't necessarily have to, involve Yu-Gi-Oh! in some way;
  • Any designs you enter must be your own work;
  • If entering a logo, it must be in three sizes: a medium sized one (for the site), a small one (for the .exe of the client I'm making), and a tiny one (for the icon you see in windows, if you use, um, Windows);
  • You have from (in Australian Eastern Standard Time) 12am on Wednesday 1st October 2008, until 12am on Wednesday 15th October 2008. Entries after then won't be accepted. If I don't have enough entries by then, I will extend the deadline to 12am on Wednesday 22nd October 2008.
Best of luck to everyone, and let the contest begin!

Last edited:

Xemnas

Reaction score
My bad, forgot to add that. It's 600 x 80 pixels, I'll update my first post now.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
any specific colors for the logo and/or the banner?

Xemnas

Reaction score
any specific colors for the logo and/or the banner?
None for the logo. For the banner, not overly dark; the CSS darkens the banners the template loads, so bright colours will look somewhat darker, and dark colours... well ;)

Last edited:

XGI Admin

Reaction score
It took me an hour and 30 min. to think of a design screw up several times, learn from it, and make the logo and banner.

It was pretty difficult make a nice banner at the size of 600x80 but it worked out sort of.

LOGO:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6013/duelwarelogo222334dx5.png

LOGO without texture:
black: http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1314/duelwarelogofinalblack2jm2.png
white: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9775/duelwarelogofinalwhitekq3.png

Banner:
duelwarebannerfinalprevih0.png

Edit:
so do you want the logo???

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Banner:
duelwarebannerfinalprevih0.png

Edit:
so do you want the logo???
The preview ruins the whole image. So, it is kinda hrd to tell whether the image is good or not. Try making the "preview" smaller or something. He also did say that the image darkens byitself because of the CSS. So, maybe brighten it? Just some thoughts. It isn't me that you are selling them to. He also did say that it was a contest and there is a deadline:
You have from (in Australian Eastern Standard Time) 12am on Wednesday 1st October 2008, until 12am on Wednesday 15th October 2008.

Last edited:

XGI Admin

Reaction score
Thanks for the headers Sokii. I edited it.

LOGO:
duelwarelogo22233sk8.png
copyright(c)
BANNER:
duelwarebannerfinalfj8.png
copyright(c)

i hope you like it Xemnas.

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the headers Sokii. I edited it. I hope you like it.
No problem & nice job man. So, far your images are looking good, but it isn't up to me.

@Xemnas: I would download the DualWare if it is released. I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh at a younger age, but still collect them, because you never know when they might just sell for super high price like the comics and old collectibles are now. I was thinking maybe I could help you out with ideas or certain images of that sort for free. PM here at x10hosting and maybe we can chat a little.

Xemnas

Reaction score
No one seems interested, so yeah I'll close this. I'll send the credits to you right away, XGI. And Sokii, I'll try and get in touch when I have a chance, things have been pretty busy for me lately :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.