Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 31 12.4%

• Total voters

deadeye536

Reaction score
I'm on the Mozilla Firefox 3.x side, It's fast, secure, and very reliable. Another thing I like about it is that it's open source allowing people to take it and customize it for many different means, like PortableApps or U3 to allow it to run completely off of a USB drive. Another thing that rocks about Firefox is Spell Check, in this message alone, it fixed about 3 spelling errors xD . I run many different addons for Firefox that wouldn't be possible in IE, although I prefer the default theme.

omoney

Reaction score
I have used Firefox before. It was definately better than Internet Explorer. Than my friend told me about Opera. Afterwards I started to use Opera and I found that Opera was slightly faster. The only problem I have is that sometimes when alt tabbing between full screen games, Opera takes a little while to reload.

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score
I like Firefox 3 the best.

Chrome has introduced many innovative features such as each tab having its own process (so that if one crashes the entire browser does not).

Also, Opera has been coming up with some new features such as favorites synchronization across devices (which is available in Firefox through 3rd party extensions).

However, Firefox is fast, open source, and it has a good deal of marketshare. Now is not the time for the free browser market to be divided and conquered.

Dan

Reaction score
This thread has now been stickied as it comes up far too often.
Any more browser v browser threads made from now on will be closed and directed to this thread seeing as this thread deals with all browsers.
If new browser come out and you wish to see one added, contact a moderator.

*STICKIED*

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
FireFox 3 FTW! I never use IE, it totally sucks...

@stunna, no one-liners in this forum ;)

sax0n

Reaction score
Opera. I haven't actually downloaded FF but my friend says Opera is still better and I can't be stuffed installing it and then uninstalling one or the other. Opera keeps on crashing on me when I go to certain sites but it is small price to pay compared to IE.

MarioMaster

Reaction score
Opera. I haven't actually downloaded FF but my friend says Opera is still better and I can't be stuffed installing it and then uninstalling one or the other. Opera keeps on crashing on me when I go to certain sites but it is small price to pay compared to IE.

u shouldn't change to firefox. it crashes at some sites 2.

nirav.thakker

Reaction score
i just love firefox 3! can't do without it! i have been using firefox ever since it was known as mozilla on linux!!!!:lockd:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
we're so biased..... spend more than like 1hr on the internet
you will be bombarded with "GET FIREFOX" but yeah, go FF3 :)

Xenjin

Reaction score
I do also prefer FireFox 3. There are tonnes of management features in FireFox that I find incredibly useful. One of those that I used regularly is the cookie search feature from the Privacy dialog. I don't have to know exactly how the cookie name is structured. I can just type any part of the cookie name and it automatically does a filtration of all the cookies in the list. This way, I can easily find and remove cookies I don't want. It's a pain to pull off something like that in internet explorer.

That aside, the FireFox interface is clean and intuitive. Also, since I do some development on the side, I regularly test my web applications in both Internet Explorer and FireFox. I particularly use FireFox to ensure that the pages stick to best practices. This is because stuff that IE allows you to get away with (because it is not strictly Web 2.0 compliant), FireFox does not. This allows me to properly gauge how my apps will behave on other non-windows platforms or non-IE based browsers.

The only issues I take with FireFox are minor:
  • The interface is not as slick as IE.
  • Some DHTML code doesn't run.
  • There are some apps that run better under IE (like Flash Video)
  • Some web applications are specific to IE, like Hotmail's new interactive interface, Outlook's Web Access from MS Exchange, and some widgets (like trees) which feature prominently on some Microsoft MSDN websites.
  • Some web applications actually run much slower in FireFox (like the DTI web banking interfaces I've discovered) than IE.

Those are all minor issues and are easy to forgive. That's why, even though FireFox is my default browser, I still keep IE for those rare cases where an IE experience is more desirable.

exemption

Reaction score
I have Flock..but I only use it for myspace and youtube..
Lol
I use Safari for any business things..and online games..

scottnj

Reaction score
I must agree with many of you that Firefox 3 is the most superior of the browsers. I love it's speed, layout, and not getting an error message every two minutes.

However one thing bothers me...

Has anybody using FF3 ever hit the automatically save locations button when you try closing multiple tabs. Now it saves every time and I have back button that can take me back months, because it is all one session. Does anybody know how to fix this without reinstalling?

mogojoel

Reaction score
You young whippersnappers... I've never used IE. It's rubbish, security sucks and is as slow as a wet week. I started with netscape, and have evolved with it, to what we have now ->FF3.

Xemnas

Reaction score
For me, Firefox 3 is the best out there. It's fast, stable and reliable (and open source to boot!). In my opinion Opera is OK, Safari looks ugly and I've never used Flock. I've also tried Chrome and while I like the multi-threaded concept, it can use up a lot of memory if you aren't careful. Also, there aren't really any plug-ins available for it, but I think once it gets the essentials (Flash Player, Shockwave, PDF etc.) it'll get a lot more support.

And what of "that other browser" you speak of? It doesn't deserve a mention. ;)

Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I used to use internet explorer and nothing else but that, a friend recommended Firefox and here I am.

I have been using it ever since.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
FF3 pwns all, but chrome looks cool, ill just wait till it develops and then ill use chrome