ATI or Nvidia Graphics Card?

Are you a GAMER? Going with ATI or Nvidia Graphics Card?

• Total voters

TPI007

Reaction score
For Christmas, I got me a new computer rig.
A gaming PC I might add.

Please vote in my poll whether you prefer with ATI or Nvidia Graphics Card. Then you can post replies about why you choose it.

Ok, for me, I know Nvidia is popular and alland is sponsored by Intel. But I picked ATI. Although I really hate AMD I chose ATI. I always liked ATI. So the card I got is ATI 4870 x 2
The MONSTER is 2GB RAM

And has a 800 Mhz Core

It is Crossfire
This sucker cost close up to 600 bucks. along...the most expensive component in the PC. More then the i7 Intel Core i bought.

SO LOOK OUT GAMERS! HERE I COME 2 OWN.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm an nVidia person. I am running already 3 GTX280s which I have been for a few months. When I get enough money I'll probably upgrade to an Intel i7 CPU as well. My older gaming computers ran nVidia cards as well. One that is still running and was my previous rig has a GeForce 4MX in it and it still runs games like Halo and Half-Life 2 like a charm. An even older system which had died ran a GeForce TNT card (very old card!). My cheaper machines which I never really used for gaming ran ATi RIVA cards, M1 cards, and Intel Media Accellerators (yes, all crappy cards to today's standards but those systems are only made for light use anyways).

Last edited:

burner35

Reaction score
Nvidia is the way to go, ATI hasn't got the kick like Nvidia. I am running 2 Nvidia EVGA GeForce 9800 GX2. I have also got the 3D stereo software running on it, and boy is it the smoothest and far greatest experience I have had with Nvidia! :D

TPI007

Reaction score
you guys are outdated, for you don't know about the new ATI, anyway, they both beat each other up. I've liked ATI before AMD bought it. And IMO NVdia is over rated. Yea right now, one of my 4870 x2 will beat the living sheets out of your 2 9800GTX or whatever Nvidia cards you have...you can look it up on new egg or anywhere else. There's an Nvidia card that beats the ATI 4870 x2 but it not out yet and coming soon. Ok, so what is they beat each other. You have never even tried ATI to know whats its like. Through my experience with ATI. It was pretty much positive. apparently you guys don't even know anything about the ATI 4870 x2 which is 2GB and has core speed of 800Mhz. I just went with ATI because I don't like to get 2 cards like Nvidia. And by the way, if I get another ATI and crofire that sucka up, what then, it will smoke your Nvidia card. that would leave me 4GB of ATI 4870 x 4 So there you have it. No offense to the Nvidia users. All I see on the net is users with their preferences competing with other users on the ATI/Nvidia Issue.

And please, do your research.

Last edited:

deepak.as79

Reaction score
use Nvidia for the best performance in gaming.
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800
Memory Size: 4GB
Memory Interface: 512-bit
Graphics Memory Bandwidth : 102GB/sec.
Graphics Bus: PCI Express x16

Nvidia+AMD = game guru.

Last edited:

TPI007

Reaction score
use Nvidia for the best performance in gaming.
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800
Memory Size: 4GB
Memory Interface: 512-bit
Graphics Memory Bandwidth : 102GB/sec.
Graphics Bus: PCI Express x16

Nvidia+AMD = game guru.

Hello!?

ATI = AMD
Edit:
who wants to battle me in a game?
I use ATI and you use Nvidia.
Any 3D graphic intense game you want.

Let's see who will win SON!

Let's go Crysis, on my server, you down?

Last edited:

Mongoose92

Reaction score
Ironically, seeing as at the moment I run an ATi X1600 PRO I choose Nvidia, because they are often involved in game-development and their cards are definitely gamer-based.

TPI007

Reaction score
Ironically, seeing as at the moment I run an ATi X1600 PRO I choose Nvidia, because they are often involved in game-development and their cards are definitely gamer-based.

for me, when I was using ATI before, the colors that ATI had was more realistic than Nvidia's colors IMO.
Other than that, I think they are both good. For me it was more of preferences. I see ATI and Nvidia competing against one another at times ATI tops and at time Nvidia Tops. thats how it is in the environment of competition.
Edit:
ok, we'll see how my ATI card runs when I get it. I will show you folks images.

Last edited:

luc1f3rspalm

Reaction score
Ati actually has the the more powerful cards on the market right now and seem to have fixed their drivers issue.

Personally always have been an ati fan (avivo < Pure video)

I do run a 9800gtx how ever, but that's simply due to it being one of the better cards when i bought it.

(also i'll take crossfire over sli any day.)

TPI007

Reaction score
Ati actually has the the more powerful cards on the market right now and seem to have fixed their drivers issue.

Personally always have been an ati fan (avivo < Pure video)

I do run a 9800gtx how ever, but that's simply due to it being one of the better cards when i bought it.

(also i'll take crossfire over sli any day.)
i'm glad there's finally someone who's on the same boat as I am.

I just bought the ATI 4870 x2 CrossFire, waiting for it as I type this.