Making money

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hey,
Didn't that guy who started Ikea in Sweden start businesses before he was 18? Closer to under 10 I guess.

Of course new and unhelpful laws have probably come in since then.

Go for it now, or regret it forever:angel:

reichiru

Reaction score
Wow, Sweden doesn't allow anyone under 18 to work? Harsh. That must really suck.

My suggestion (in addition to building a website) is to look around forums and stuff and offer your web services to people in need. Seeing how much you know, I'm pretty sure there will be people willing to pay you through Paypal and such for a design or something. I know a friend who used to do free-lance work like that before she got a proper job. You could make a site showcasing all your past work and stuff and advertise on different forums and websites.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow, Sweden doesn't allow anyone under 18 to work? Harsh. That must really suck.

My suggestion (in addition to building a website) is to look around forums and stuff and offer your web services to people in need. Seeing how much you know, I'm pretty sure there will be people willing to pay you through Paypal and such for a design or something. I know a friend who used to do free-lance work like that before she got a proper job. You could make a site showcasing all your past work and stuff and advertise on different forums and websites.

Lawl. Well, I am trying to get up 25 000 points again for the $25 payout. I already got a $25 payout before :D. I only need 15 000 more :D

and btw. http://jagf.net/magento my upcomming shop

Last edited:

reichiru

Reaction score
Hmm yeah I saw that, that's already a pretty good idea. What I meant is that you can advertise your services and people who are willing to pay you can ask you for a customized template or something. This way you can charge them more money and stuff. Nice site by the way. I'm trying to earn money to, but it's to set up an online clothing boutique on Facebook. Well, I guess I would like a site too, but I don't know how to do the cart/shopping thingy, and I don't have the time to do it lol. I'll learn, someday.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
vigge_sWe, you said you have a student license for your 3D program? well, that's all you need. you don't need to sell anything you make with it. you write tutorials using it, you can do screen shots and stuff and then do a website all about how to use that program!

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
vigge_sWe, you said you have a student license for your 3D program? well, that's all you need. you don't need to sell anything you make with it. you write tutorials using it, you can do screen shots and stuff and then do a website all about how to use that program!

It expires as soon as I finish school, in 2 years. If I want to continue my career in 3D, I need to get the licenses again

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well, why not see what you can do in two years?
Edit:
you should probably be able to get enough money to buy the real license in two years?

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well, why not see what you can do in two years?
Edit:
you should probably be able to get enough money to buy the real license in two years?

Um no... I don't belive I can make $10 000 in 2 years. In this speed, I earn ~$1 - 2/month

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hmmm...

Are there any free programs like that that you could use instead?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe blender, but I know Maya alot better and I see maya a lot more flexible. Doing Blender then I need to learn it again.

GIMP and Paint.NET is bad imo.

Notepad++ is even worse

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
so then why not do maya then?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's weird, because in the swedish shops it is $8000 :O

All prices is in sek: http://translate.google.com/transla....dk/prislista.asp&sl=sv&tl=en&history_state0=

65 595 Swedish kronor = 8 138.962 U.S. dollars

Either, the swedish company is trying to scam us, or amazon is selling an already used one or whatever, it's really weird.

And not that they care selling the new software, they sell a 2 year old one :O. Scammers...

Likely, the swedish stores are trying to scam you. The amazon one is brand new. And you can trust amazon too. Don't get the one from ebay though if you aren't sure, because there are a few crooks on ebay.

warlordste

Reaction score
i use amazon all the time if they say its new you can trust them and if it is used all you have to do it report it and they will send you your money back but i have never had any trouble at all with amazon

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I used to have Maya Autodesk on my computer once, it is a really nice and expensive product, though there are ways to get around that.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I used to have Maya Autodesk on my computer once, it is a really nice and expensive product, though there are ways to get around that.

You don't mean pirating do you?
Edit:
ok, I looked it up: 999.00 USD = 8,287.71 SEK

so, it will cost you 8,000+ SEK, not USD.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't mean pirating do you?
Edit:
ok, I looked it up: 999.00 USD = 8,287.71 SEK

so, it will cost you 8,000+ SEK, not USD.

Yeh, but the site sell it for 65 595 SEK.

I'll keep posting 15 replies/topics in crossfire everyday, and I maybe will earn ~$4/month (this is a fast calculation).

Then I have my template store. And I have Neobux. And projectwonderful.

So I hope making this every month:

x10 - ~$2 - 4
ProjectWondeful - $1
Templatestore - ~$10 I hope when I do more templates
Neobux - $2

so around $16/month if my templatestore is getting popular. Well, that's $192/year. A good start

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
yes, that's a start. I made over a thousand dollars in less than 2 years, just doing yard work for a couple of neighbors. Could you do that too?