cPanel theme

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
New cPanel theme based on the new logo has been installed on all free servers. All accounts should now have the new theme, with some new options, links etc.

Theme includes an inactivity reminder, to let you know if you need to login to the forums, At this time, users who have the timer removed for a year will still see the warning, we're working on coding the inactivity timer removal into it for the users who have paid for their 1 year of not having the timer.

botbg

Reaction score
First Post and probably the first person to see it.

At first I thought someone hacked into my cpanel.

Looks good but im not the type for it, im going to change it back to by Cpanel Dark theme.

Edit: we can't change it back? I really liked my old cpanel theme, the whole point I came for x10 was because it had Cpane, please please please allow us to change the theme!

PLEASE!

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
....please please please allow us to change the theme!

PLEASE!

Try "pretty please"!

The new cPanel theme looks fine to me, & I am always glad to hear of new enhancements to the service. The inactivity reminder also sounded like a great new addition at first, until I looked closer & realised it doesn't warn you by email (or am I wrong?) The way it seems to stand at the moment, if you don't log into the cPanel, you don't get a warning when you haven't logged into the forums for a while. Surely this is a bit pointless if you happen to forget to log into both the forums & cPanel for a while? (It hasn't happened to me yet, but it's only a matter of time!)

Russ, thanks once again to yourself & the rest of the team for all your hard work behind the scenes.

Last edited:

WyrGecko

Reaction score
The collapse button on Member Support collapses Affiliate Resources for me >.>. It looks slick, though. :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The new cPanel theme is very buggy, each browser I have installed on my PC is behaving differently with it. For example, in Firefox the logout button is broken, when yet in IE it works fine, same with Safari. Also, I have some screenshots of some small errors with the buttons as well, from both IE and Firefox. The login reminder is also not rendering in IE as well. It didn't render in Safari either.

So the theme looks nice, but it needs to be fixed up quite a bit before it can be used fully.

Screenshots:

http://seansite.dyndns.org/downloads/ieerror.PNG
http://seansite.dyndns.org/downloads/firefoxerror.PNG

Last edited:

alv4

Reaction score
I have a thing to say...

Awesome! :)
but please enable the change of theme

jrobert755

Reaction score
yes, please give the option to go back to the old style. i liked it much better

f4forex

Reaction score
cool theme.. :cool: i liked it very much.. and yea is there any option to get back old theme ? if yes then pls let me know ;)

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
No, we've removed access to the old themes.. Our paid services still has them. ;)

Jordan C

Reaction score
I like the new theme. Also, its cool how its called russ in the theme changer ;)

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Very nice theme but there is a small error in the code, it will not allow me to minimize the top two bars, anyone else have this problem?
~Coldfirezz

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We're aware of some errors and will try to work them out shortly. If you find any others than the ones posted in this thread please let us know.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
The list of errors I know of are:

-Font sizes sometimes bigger on reload: FIXED
- Little images (missing?) at the top by home, logout and help icons:
Does not show for me in FF, or IE beta?
-Cannot collapse or move top 2 sections:
This is due to the way we had to do the code, it's a bug in cPanel's design, and can't be fixed.
-Cannot change theme:
We've decided to make it like this for now, we want the new sections visible at all times, If we allow you to change the theme, they disappear. Upgrade to paid hosting if its that important.

botbg

Reaction score
I am not trying to be rude or offensive, but I seriously dislike the theme.

You did better then anything I could of done, but I still don't like it.

It doesn't look that professional, and to be true with you, I signed up for X10Hosting because of the Cpanel styles and Cpanel itself.

If it wasn't for that, I would just go with another host that offers WAY more than 300 MB of diskspace.

I am sticking with x10, but if anything else starts to get off, then I probably will switch.

A good suggestion is to probably make this theme in darker colors, or at least allow us to switch our styles.

Thanks and I hope I am not being offensive!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
100% of the functionality remains with cPanel and that is all that is important to us. Some people will not like the design, that is why cPanel has a bunch to choose from originally. We don't have the time to make multiple ones yet, maybe in the future.

-Corey

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
In my opinion, cPanel is just a tool to manage your website, it's not your website, so, why bother about it?

It's still the cPanel, it has the same options even some more. I think there is nothing to discuss further.

malcomhfc1875

Reaction score
Stop being so annoying. The them is cool i love it much better than the default one before change. Goodwork guys :)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
O.O
The theme looks totally awesome and with a bit of finishing touch, it will look even better!
Nice job. :)