New Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
The PHP version system is temporarily disabled while we finish out a few small issues with it. We'll put a notice up soon on the account panel.

Whoa!

The web site overall is great, but I prefer the old Control Panel layout. Also, you guys missed something, you may of done it on purpose, I don't know but the free-webhosts link-back.

Sorry if I'm being a pain, but you may be removed from the directory

We'll put the link back sometime soon. Forgot about it completely. :)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks clean and professional ... and those who saw my reviews on "Review My Site" know how hard I give that opinion :)

sarvar

Reaction score
Where do we report bugs if we find them?

Maybe, just maybe, I found a security bug.

LHVWB

Reaction score
Looking better now x10. :)

Been wondering why its been so long, but its nice to see a more professional website. :D

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Yay! I noticed this the first thing when I loaded the website. I had to set up some new things in the Account Panel, but everything looks nice. If you stated the new backend system was supposed to take the load off of the servers a bit, Absolut sure seems to be running quicker. Though yet again my ISP also changed the routing that my connection is taking to the datacenter, so that might have something to do with it as well.

Also, the new site's coding is excellent! My PSP's crappy browser is actually rendering the page the same way Firefox is rendering it on my PC, and it's not choking over it either and it's nice and fast. That means that now when I'm on vacation I'm not sitting there waiting two minutes for the main site to render.

Last edited:

nandifamily

Reaction score
Well, I found another bug on the AMP. I have got ad-enhanced corporate package on my account but it shows "Advertisement: Not Required" on the AMP. Also, the hosting type is showing "unknown" where it should be "free".

nandifamily

Reaction score
UPDATE:
I see that the Free Hosting Signup page does not compare the three free plans x10Hosting provides. It has just got the main features listed.

And who is the lady in the pic? ;)

cosmocrazy

Reaction score
The new site is an interesting departure from the old site, even if it does look a little standard. I wanted to bring a few things to attention though:

• When I used Sxipper (Firefox extension) to fill in my login details, the password field was left in clear text. This doesn't usually happen. When I did it by hand later on, it was as it was supposed to be, hidden.
  • On the main page, it says one of the free hosting features is "Shared SSL", but I don't really know how to utilize it. Attempts to go to my website in https: mode generate an error in Firefox.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
I see that the Free Hosting Signup page does not compare the three free plans x10Hosting provides. It has just got the main features listed.

That could be because you can only register for the ad-free option. To get an ad-enhanced account you need to be regged on ad-free, then put in the ads required and request upgrade through ticket system. This was done to get rid of some extra work (people regging for ad-enhanced, but not putting ads -> suspension -> staff needs to handle that and/or a lot accounts that sit and take room while suspended waiting for deletion)

Now the ads need to be in place BEFORE you can get an ad-enhanced account -> less work with suspensions

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
To answer nandifamily's other question:

That is Anna. ;)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
LadyAnna...

look up two posts

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Please feel free to PM me any issues with the site\AMP you do not feel comfortable posting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.