How old your current computer?

danprobo

Reaction score
Mine is three year, still fast enough. Her name is "Vanessa", yeah my second girlfriend :)

One year ago i already upgrade her bios for better compatibility, and this year maybe i will upgrade her ram.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
"Bumblebee," and prolly around a year. Too lazy to go dig up the Newegg invoice.

And no not after the Transformer; after the insect, cause of the bright yellow and black case.

Prolly gunna rename it Hornet once my tax refund does its job though - motherboard, cpu, and ram are getting a complete replacement with a new SLI enabled mobo (only cause it happened to do the rest I need it too, handy to have though), quad core AMD (couldn't find a mobo/cpu combo that was quad core that I liked that I could snag with the refund), and 4gb dual channel ram. Might do 8 right off the bat if I'm feelin' spendy.

And if I've got the $ I'm repairing MediaBox, pretty sure I blew out the PSU but if that doesn't fix it, then MediaBox is going to get the entrails of Bumblebee spliced in so it lives again :)

(Mediabox is probably closer to 3-4 years old, single core 1.67ghz cpu, overkill for what I'm having it do)

danprobo

Reaction score
"Bumblebee," and prolly around a year. Too lazy to go dig up the Newegg invoice.

And no not after the Transformer; after the insect, cause of the bright yellow and black case.

Prolly gunna rename it Hornet once my tax refund does its job though - motherboard, cpu, and ram are getting a complete replacement with a new SLI enabled mobo (only cause it happened to do the rest I need it too, handy to have though), quad core AMD (couldn't find a mobo/cpu combo that was quad core that I liked that I could snag with the refund), and 4gb dual channel ram. Might do 8 right off the bat if I'm feelin' spendy.

And if I've got the $ I'm repairing MediaBox, pretty sure I blew out the PSU but if that doesn't fix it, then MediaBox is going to get the entrails of Bumblebee spliced in so it lives again :)

(Mediabox is probably closer to 3-4 years old, single core 1.67ghz cpu, overkill for what I'm having it do)

Hornet?Thats cool. Ya i hear lot good news about Phenom II, he can reach 6 ghz (crazy proc).

My pc only 512 mb of ram, P4 2.8 ghz single core and Vga onboard ati xpress 200.

IonCannon218

Reaction score
My is a Compaq Presario (dont remember the model #), made in 2004

It have a Celeron 2.7Ghz single core, 1GB of ram, 1 80GB hard drive with linux, dual booted with a 40gb hard drive with XP, a POS intel integrated 845G video card, motherboard does not have a AGP or PCIe slot so i'm screwed.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
My current computer is a little over a year old, however due to me upgrading it all the time it can be considered a week or two old :p

kyuusei

Reaction score
Erm....AM2 motherboard, Athlon X2, GeForce 7800...thats what 3 generations old?

So about 3-4 years old roughly.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
CPU and Motherboard are about a year old, everything else I change to often to remember when :)

boris333

Reaction score
My desktop is about 2 months away from being 10 years old. Still works most of the time, too.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
1 and a half year.

I need a new computer now that can handle 3D animation and rendering, because this one BSoDs all the time, but I am nowhere from affording it

xPlozion

Reaction score
My mobo/pcu (Core 2 Quad), case, and 4gb ram is a year old, the video card, psu, 1tb hdd, and kbd/mouse is 2 mo old.

I named it after the case manufacturer (NZXT), which is kinda a cool name. I'm not unique, and the computers are all named after their manufacturer/function.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I named it after the case manufacturer (NZXT), which is kinda a cool name. I'm not unique, and the computers are all named after their manufacturer/function.

Better than naming them after planets (too cliche') :)

Course you've gotta have a problem if you like the same case manufacturer; you'd end up with NZXT, NZXT MK II, NZXTIII, NZXT IV, etc :)

Jonthefisherman

Reaction score
My laptop, which is my first computer of my own ever.
Is less than 1 year old and its already slow as crap.
I've been tossing around a few names for the past year and haven't settled on anything yet. :p

crabbypup

Reaction score
well, my lappy is 6weeks old. and i think i will call it haxxor :) vista home edition

chingola

Reaction score
About one year, I keep changing things in it so currently a few days since last upgrade. HAve to upgrade soon, maybe wait until win7 released and get a quad core or if I really get the money a quad zeon system to do my graphics work :)

SteveSe939

Reaction score
The desktop is a Compaq from 2000. (currently in the process of rebuilding, for gaming)

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite m35x series from 2004, intel celeron M, 1.5ghz, 1.21gb of memory. Not a bad laptop at all, at first it came with 512. Once I took a 256 stick out and threw the 1gb in it, it responded VERY well with the upgrade. Never delays, freezes up or nothing. Have no complaints. :biggrin: