Votes: 39 56.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I think it is a good idea however if I was to do it, I would make a site (regular, no flash) that stores everything in categories so it is like a normal sort of tutorial/tip site and then you choose which ones you want to notify (email) users about then send them links to them in an organized fashion. :)

digitaljit

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that is included in the script we will most likely use.
If it isn't, then I'll make my own page with PDF downloads of them all.

That would be great! As always..x10Hosting is the best :)

Reaction score
On reading this thread I must admit I do quite like the idea of having an emagazine. I will try to keep this short and sweet since a lot has already been covered and I am only going to repeat that but like what has already been said - you can fit more in and have a couple of pages.

Then it occured to me as I started writing this post - "Why can't we do both?" The email newsletter could come out before the magazine and warn of/promote an article that's well worth the read - effectively self-advertising.

Either way, I'm happy with whatever the majority wants.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I get enough stuff to read as it is. Personally, I'd prefer an infrequent newsletter detailing x10Hosting specific information, a competition, any other particularly useful information, and maybe a link to one or two useful tutorials/sites.... maybe tutorial of the week, or something. Useful stuff, though.

If it's too long, and too frequent, people are going to lose interest, and either stop reading or unsubscribe. I remember having this discussion with Corey a while back when I wrote the newsletter. Please, keep it short, sweet, and important. If there's going to be scheduled downtime, I'd appreciate that sort of thing coming through.

Perhaps have a 'service status announcements and other important hosting-related notices (such as a change in the ToS)' mailing list, and a 'hey here's a 100 page newsletter/magazine to read' mailing list.

Anyway, good luck trying to please everyone :)

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
If it's too long, and too frequent, people are going to lose interest, and either stop reading or unsubscribe. I remember having this discussion with Corey a while back when I wrote the newsletter. Please, keep it short, sweet, and important. If there's going to be scheduled downtime, I'd appreciate that sort of thing coming through.
That is what I thought when vigge first told me the idea, but I thought I'd see what people thought anyway.
I've now started to warm towards the idea though...
Anyway, we'll see - we might end up not having the time or getting enough volunteers to write stuff for it should the magazine get the most votes.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Both are very good ideas but I prefer the newsletter.

rjukes

Reaction score
Great idea! More information...and a great look. Most of my subscriptions now are e-magazines...and they don't require real real estate to store. I can seldom remember where I left dead-tree magazines that I want to read again.

Do it!

ginzon

Reaction score
eMagazines would be best, if it contains TUTORIALS too :cool:...

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I think the emagizine would have to be a little friendlier with the UI for me to get into it. The example is definitely well done, but it's kinda like reading a 10 page PDF. More content, ie tutorials, is also very cool, but I think it might be better to keep the newsletter a little shorter, but provide links to some extra content, or even have a monthly (bi-weekly, whatever) tutorials only newsletter for those who want to recieve it.

I've seen some great things from Vigge_swe before, so I know it'll come out good either way :)

eliasr

Reaction score
The e-magazine is a good idea, but as some of you say, need to have very great info to keep the reader's interest.

Every 2 weeks will be the best and just one good tutorial, some tips and tricks, and some x10hosting info; this to keep it smooth, light and enjoyable.

I'm also interested to share my tutorials to the community.

A version in spanish could be available, with the same information, for the latin american-spanish community. I offer my services as translator.

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I like the concept of a new eMagazine, but I think that we should also have the old newsletter still available. It took a while for the eMagazine sample to load through my internet connection, and I can't imagine how slow it will be for dial-up users. Also, it's convenient being able to read all the information within your email inbox.

alid1712

Reaction score
I love the idea! Newsletter are just short informations but for this eMagazine, more information can be place in! so yeah why not?!

btw notice will be sent to my email for the new release of the mag? i guess newsletters are still needed..

and to add up... testimonials, interviews can be place in the emag... so all user can contribute and share their experience with us all..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.