I would like some feedback on my site please

xmakina

Reaction score
Layout scheme and content all fine.

Get's a bit squished if the browser isn't maximised but it's a minor issue. The only real suggestion I have is make the images open in a new window so I can keep reading whilst the image loads.

Any maybe colour your AdSense box in to match your own sites scheme. Looks a bit intrusive being such a different set of colours.

Calipe

Reaction score
Well here is my opinion. I'm sorry if I sound a little too disparaging but I do not like your layout, nor the choice of colors. It seems that you are trying a little too hard on showing the advertisement; please remember that visitors arrive at your website looking for unique and interesting information. if it was for advertisements they would rather watch TV.
Keep working on the content and design, and then worry about advertisement.
Content is THE single most important aspect of a website, remember that.

Sincerely, Carlos.

tittat

Reaction score
Looks nice, but the adsense is not matching with the theme background.Hmmm also the article Silent Hill: Homecoming contains violent image.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well here is my opinion. I'm sorry if I sound a little too disparaging but I do not like your layout, nor the choice of colors. It seems that you are trying a little too hard on showing the advertisement; please remember that visitors arrive at your website looking for unique and interesting information. if it was for advertisements they would rather watch TV.
Keep working on the content and design, and then worry about advertisement.
Content is THE single most important aspect of a website, remember that.

Sincerely, Carlos.

What color scheme might you suggest?

And about the ads, it's kind of hard not to have ads when I'm using an ad-enhanced account.
Edit:
Looks nice, but the adsense is not matching with the theme background.Hmmm also the article Silent Hill: Homecoming contains violent image.

I'll look into changing the ad sense.

(I've changed it from a skyscraper to a button.)

Silent Hill's a violent game.

Thank you guys for your suggestions.

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
I like black/white/red colorscheme. It's one of my favorites and suitable for a game site. Other blogs might not be able to get away with the scheme, but yours is justifiable.

Even though Silent Hill is graphic, you should use a different image. The point for your image is good... push the envelope. You just don't want to go over the limit that viewers can stand.

X10Hosting provides an ad-free version, which you should try out. I have a feeling your site would look a lot better without the ads.

What kind of blog software are you using for the comments/posts?

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
X10Hosting provides an ad-free version, which you should try out. I have a feeling your site would look a lot better without the ads.

What kind of blog software are you using for the comments/posts?

I'm using well over the disk space allocated for an ad-free account and due to my financial situation I'm unable to purchase the upgrades right now. In the future I'll be doing it, but right now it's not something I can do.

I'm using WordPress.

botsnot

Reaction score
i like it, i think the white 'bulge' either side on the background is very cool.

I hate scrolling down far though so for me, more amaller pages as opposed to one longer page is better, but that is just me.