How to host asp .net application

ankit.intellect

Reaction score
Can some one guide me with hosting an asp .net web application?

Is there a tutorial or a video for the purpose?

I have an asp .net web application. I want to host the same here.

This being the first time, I have no idea how to go about it.

Can some one help me?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
/****************Moving the thread************************/

adatapost

Reaction score
Can some one guide me with hosting an asp .net web application?

Is there a tutorial or a video for the purpose?

I have an asp .net web application. I want to host the same here.

This being the first time, I have no idea how to go about it.

Can some one help me?

Thanks in advance.

HTML:
<hr/>
Dear,

ASP.NET Web application hosting is not a complex process. First of all, register the domain & confirm the hosting framework 2.0/3.5 with or without MS-SQL support.

Now, copy all files, folders, subfolders of your local project (web application) into public folder of your site. You may use FTP Client or web host control panel for manage files/folders.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
There is no MSSQL, just MySQL and Postgre. Only ASP.NET is supported, not full blown ASP. Since we use Apache and not IIS, support is through a third party mod, and you might encounter some problems that you wouldn't on a windows server. You must modify your .htaccess file in /home/{username}/public_html and add this line:

AddHandler mono .aspx .ashx .asmx .ascx .asax .config .ascx

core 4 innovative

Reaction score
I really wish the instructions for accessing ASP.Net pages were in a step-by-step format with screen shots. I am still not able to access my ASP.Net page. When I try to access the page in Firefox I am prompted to open the file in Dreamweaver. Here is what I configured so far:

1) I used Filezilla to transfer 4 files types into the public_html folder: .aspx, .css, index.html and web.config

2) I also uploaded my images file into the public_html folder

3) I logged into my cPanel and went under the "Advanced" header, went into "MIME TYPE" and added the following to the available fields:

Application/mono .aspx .ashx .asmx .ascx .asax .config .ascx

4) I checked the www folder to make sure that the same files in public_html have been mirrored into that location as well.

Here is the link - http://www.thevaultdeli.x10hosting.com/ContactUs.aspx

I just need more clarity in a step-by-step format. This cannot be that difficult, right? :dunno:

Thanks!!

ejweb

Reaction score
If the hosting company/web servers support the .NET framework as was mentioned above then you should be just about there. You didn't mention what development tool you use to create/generate your .aspx/.NET web pages? For example; I use MS Visual Studio 2005/2008 to develop my web pages and .master page. I use VB for the code-behind language for the programming part. What I believe needs to be done next is to use Visual Studio (in my case) to "Publish" your web pages - probably locally on your own PC. Then, take those "published" web files (including whats in the BIN folder) and copy them to the web server. Otherwise you may need to upload all of your .NET files including the .aspx.vb code-behind files.

greatone

Reaction score
I´ve the same problem!

Is there any clarity at this topic?
Or any step by step now?

merrillmck

Reaction score
I think I'm having the same problem as some of you ... I'm totally new to all this ...

My goal is to "Publish" my MS Visual C# 2005 application to my x10hosting webspace.

The following is MS Visual C# lingo and error messages.

1. I click "Publish"
2. The location I choose is http://stoli.x10hosting.com:2082
3. The error I get is "The Web server does not appear to have the FrontPage server extensions installed."

sdss I noticed about half the posters are publishing locally and then ftp'ing their files. I would like to publish directly and avoid the ftp step if possible. X10hosting.com even says "If you want to publish your website with FrontPage and the free web server has FrontPage server extensions installed, you should always publish your website from Front Page, and never use an FTP program to transfer files to the server." Technically, I'm not using Frontpage but I think the same applies ...

... if anyone sees what steps I'm missing or mistakes I'm making I'd appreciate the advice ...

M

omniuni

Reaction score
No, the rule for using FrontPage is really for FRONTPage. Since it's a WYSIWYG editor, and many people using it don't know about the code behind it, uploading via FTP could cause them confusion. So long as you know how to keep track of your files, FTP should work fine for you.

Let me try a quick helloworld.aspx on my hosting and I'll get back to here...

Edit: Having some trouble too. I'll come back and post if I find a fix...

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I think you mean to publish to ftp.yoursite.com and not stoli.x10hosting.com:2082. You are telling frontpage to login to cpanel, which it can't do.

merrillmck

Reaction score
Making my first ftp account and publishing to the ftp:// location rather than http:// did the trick. Thanks ...

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
ASP.NET is disabled while the servers are under maintenance. There is no ETA right now, I would expect it to be up any day now.

zen-r

Reaction score
ASP.NET is disabled while the servers are under maintenance. There is no ETA right now, I would expect it to be up any day now.

Garrett, I'm worried that when all these server upgrades are complete, you will be at a loose end here on the X10 forums. What will you do with all your time, when all these questions start to dwindle from people currently confused by the erratic behaviour of their accounts?

I plan to wake up this thread again soon; http://forums.x10hosting.com/off-topic/98105-should-we-target-geocities-users.html - when staff & your good self are less busy. Hopefully that will keep you out of mischief for a bit longer. ;)

Last edited: