Now let's get something straight...

Max1337

Reaction score
My ISP, Cox has started increasing monthly bandwidth about 6 months ago... To I think anywhere between 200 to 300 GB/month for standard users, for business plans though... I believe it went to about 800 GB/month to 1 TB/month, I'm not absolutely positive though...
I use Cox's FiberNet plan (Business-grade Internet) because of some of the things I do with my network, but even with FiberNet I noticed a huge increase in bandwidth.
My standard speed used to be around 150 MB/sec, but is now around 400 MB/sec
For their standard plans, their bandwidth went from around 5 MB/sec to around 30-40 MB/sec

I guess it really all depends which ISP, and plan you use lol as well as your location

Last edited:

kryptofire

Reaction score
I have a friend in Riyadh and he told me he could download a torrent file coz it was 3gb. I asked why and he said he only has 1gb of traffic per month! :wtf::rant2:

I don't like capping! :madfawk: to those ISP who does that! Unlimited rules!!! :lupie:

polpoly

Reaction score
Well, two years ago Australia used to be one of the only nations that had ISPs that cap. Now, within the last year, many ISPs in the US and a few in the UK have begun capping users or starting trials, or stating plans to do so....

ummmmmm how many "nations" do you think there are in the world? my last count went over 200. clearly you've never heard of Africa. unless by "nation" you're referring to first world countries? point is, you guys that complain should try living in South Africa. Ever heard of a company called Telkom? They run the telecoms monopoly here - well it's just ended but by all accounts, nothing has changed.

We have hard caps, once you're minute amount of bandwidth is used up, that's it, buy a top up or user your cellphone for internet. And a limit of 4Mbps lines. Most people run on 384/512 kbps lines. You pay per GB of bandwidth. Let's see... on today's exchange, I'm paying a little over $8 US/GB. That's over and above the monthly subscription of ... $25 USD i pay just use an ADSL line. I can get cheap local bandwidth but uhhh what's the point. So for me to use my 384 kbps line and my 4GB of bandwidth per month I'm paying nearly $60 US.

O and if I use my cell operator's 3G, since I don't have a bundle (which is still more expensive than adsl lines), I pay R2/MB hahaha and that's close to $240 US/GB!

The good news? In July and undersea cable gets startedup that has 4x more bandwidth that the entire country currently has. I doubt I'll see a 400% drop in our prices though.