who plays far cry 2?

Hue Kares

Reaction score
I tried to!

I have most of the game completed, but now, if I die I am unable to load my last gamesave. As you may imagine, this is pretty frustrating (to keep it polite ;))... Despite trying to find ways around this, like saving multiple times or only saving into new slots, I've had to give up on this game for the time being.

Checking out the gaming forums, it's a pretty common problem, and the kids are holding out hope for a patch to fix this issue. We'll see.

Apart from this sad end, I really enjoyed the game; Bumping into a heard of zebra or Wildebeest is always great, isn't it?! This game has the best Fire physics I've seen so far; and, as long as it's not raining, it's the best way to win a battle. Sometimes the AI is really impressive, other times it's the dumbest you've ever seen...

I'd really like to recommend this game, but I absolutely can't - play it at your own risk. And may I kindly offer Ubisoft one of these :thefinger, no offense, thanks.

jbdesign

Reaction score
I just love the game, however just like Hue Kares pointed out, there is a huge flaw in the game and I'm no longer able to load any of my saved games. I've been keeping track of the development of a patch to fix this, but so far nothing.

I don't want to start a new game because of how close I was to finishing it with all diamonds and weapons I had collected... but it's such a great game I probably will. :)

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i tried to play it but all i got was a black screen with the ambient noises

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Cannot play it here since I blocked SecuROM from even running/installing on my gaming computer (this goes with anything else DRM related). Once SecuROM is gone I'll buy it on Steam. Far Cry 2 is a great game though as I've played it before on my PC in a sandbox (but I can't run it like this since every time I close the sandbox I have it set to wipe out the game, that plus SecuROM spits up errors for not being able to run), so I may wind up buying it but then downloading a hacked version of the game to get SecuROM out of the picture. It's not like I'm going to copy my games considering I buy them on Steam you know :\

Last edited:

deadmaus

Reaction score
Could not get it to play on my PC so playing Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X atm instead.

iglitter

Reaction score
My boyfriend had this for his playstation 3. He managed to complete it within a week and we ended up trading it in for another game lol

ofpower

Reaction score
I play it on my xbox 360 once in awhile, I'm not sure what it is about the game but I really can;t get into it. Great graphics and the fire physics are indeed really need. nothing like leading the buggers into a field and lighting it up.

As I am playing it on an xbox i've neevr encournted issues with saving (mainly becasue my computer wouldn't run it in a million years lmao).

I think the main reason I can't get into it is becasue I played the original farcry and got attached. they should make another one plaing off of that, because I personally much more preffer that story line.

thegeek1

Reaction score
i had it a while back and like other comments: it got pretty annoying after a while. Every other mission is the same. You have to blow things up or kill people. The graphic engine and the guns are pretty damn sweet though. It's fun for a while but then it turns out to be very monotone

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I play it on my xbox 360 once in awhile, I'm not sure what it is about the game but I really can;t get into it. Great graphics and the fire physics are indeed really need. nothing like leading the buggers into a field and lighting it up.

As I am playing it on an xbox i've neevr encournted issues with saving (mainly becasue my computer wouldn't run it in a million years lmao).

I think the main reason I can't get into it is becasue I played the original farcry and got attached. they should make another one plaing off of that, because I personally much more preffer that story line.
You've played Crysis, right? Crysis is more of a Far Cry sequel than Far Cry 2.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
No? Can you get that for a console? My computer has issues with games, it's more utilitarian.

CryEngine 3 is coming to PS3 and Xbox 360. Otherwise, no, as PCs themselves are much faster than consoles (of course, if you do have a decent PC) thus making them a flexible platform for graphics.

ofpower

Reaction score
CryEngine 3 is coming to PS3 and Xbox 360. Otherwise, no, as PCs themselves are much faster than consoles (of course, if you do have a decent PC) thus making them a flexible platform for graphics.

Oh I never doubted computers are better for games, that's what I have the actual Far cry for, but this old clunker can't play Gothic 3 without serious issues let alone a high end game like that, if ya know what I mean ;)