Someone stole my bike

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
That sucks :(

The only thing you can do is probably go buy a new one. Bikes are pretty hard to track down. I know a couple of people who've had them stolen.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, I got one of those tags on it, but I didn't pay for it more than 1 year, as I live in a quite small town, and didn't really think someone would take it in the middle of the day, Specially as it was quite old and the brakes aren't working

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, people will pretty much steal anything that isn't tied down. What do you mean by "one of those tags?"

wicked_wolf

Reaction score
Older bikes are more probable to be stolen, since the owners are not that likely to go to the police compared to if it were a new bike.
Oh, and a hint: :lockd:

gomarc

Reaction score
Maybe you can have someone drive you around to see if you can find it. Since the brakes are not working, maybe they just abandoned it close by.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
A lot of this kinda stuff goes for scrap metal :(

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey, that's pretty cool. Too bad I live about 5000 miles from the Nordic region :p

Maybe I'll do it anyways and if my bike is stolen and shipped to Finland, I'll be able to recover it lol

I'd think if you start paying them again, they'll put you back on file.

MarioMaster

Reaction score
Ha, I wouldn't mind getting my bike stolen. It's a Kent Shogun. F.Y.I., Kent bikes suck!

Maybe if it got stolen, my parents would buy me a decent one.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
That's why I buy bikes at Wal-mart for $60.

1. No one wants to steal them
2. They're cheap to replace

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I had my bike stolen some time ago. I got a new one as an early Christmas present. :biggrin:

dhruv227

Reaction score
someone some years ago also stole my bike(s), it was like i bought one on my bday someone stole it after 6 months then i bought again next one my old servant stole it and then some drunkard stole my brother's bike and after. and these were all stolen from the veranda of my house in the nights when the gates were locked, but after that i bought one again + a german shepherd dog, from now then i live happily ever after with my bikes. now everyone is scared of even going near my house. i love my doggie.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hmmmm, well, it could of been worse. when my father was a little boy, he had just bought himself a new bike and was riding down the side walk when some big bully came up to him and punched him off his bike and made off with it. :mad:

zen-r

Reaction score
vigge_sWe - congrats! Miracles can happen!

ichwar - I didn't think penguins could ride bikes! :)