Free hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmick_aus

Reaction score
Well, well it seems after reading post after post that many people experience the same issues with thsi service.
How do you upload files to the server?
I have seen responses saying go to Cpanel and select "File Manager" only problem is when i go to Cpanel there is no link to "File Manager"!

So please can someone point me in the right direction to sort this before I go really nuts.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
you download the Ftp client filezilla and install it. then open it and enter the following information it.

host: your site url
username: your cpanel username
passward: your cpanel passward

and then click on qucikconnect..

you will connect to your site....then go to public_html folder and upload your site.....

madmick_aus

Reaction score
Thanks for that, however Filezilla is a 32 bit program and i run 64bit so not compatable.

I am intrigued though as to how downloading a FTP program will make a link to File Manager appear?
Edit:
Am downloading smartftp64 bit to get something happening
Edit:
I am downloading SmartFTP 64bit

Last edited:

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
yea smartftp is also good choice just try it. but i recomend filezilla.. however filezilla is also available in 64 bit
Edit:
you also can submit a support ticket at http://support.x10hosting.com telling them that you don`t have a cpanel file manager. staff can solve your problem but it take time!!! bucause staff is busy

Last edited:

madmick_aus

Reaction score
Thanks again i am on Filezilla site now and there is no mention of 64bit version?

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
Hi there,
You should definitely have a link to the File Manager in your cPanel.
You might be getting muddled up with cPanel and the Account Managment Panel.
The cPanel is at yourdomain.com:2082 - is this where you can' find File Manager?

madmick_aus

Reaction score
This has got to be the biggest pain in the a@#@ site I have ever seen.

I am unable to log into CPanel because I am advised the password is wrong how? I am not sure but there you go. So I click reset password and get the most idiotic URL (after about a hour waiting for the email) that when clicked or copied and pasted into a browser gives me the message

"Auth token mismatch: please make sure you copied the full url from the email and that you have used the same browser session you started the process in."

So far I have wasted about 5 hours on this rubbish and am still no closer to actually being able to even get in.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Seeing as this is unofficial COMMUNITY support, I would recomend opening a support ticket at http://support.x10hosting.com/

The staff will see, and hopefully resolve your issue. Staff doesn't usually come in here, and regular users don't have access to your account to see what's going on.

zen-r

Reaction score
Also, please bear in mind that the site's servers are currently all getting a revamp, so you made need to hold off for a couple of days before things are back to normal. Keep up to date by reading the News section. This post ; http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98132-update.html tells you about the current server transfer situation.

Please stick with X10. It does normally provide an excellent service, & it's free! Members & staff are always here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.