Help with displaying ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
I have changed the html file that generates my page from having
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://x10hosting.com/adserve.js?username"></script>
to having
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://x10hosting.com/adserve.js?advanced"></script>
in the file.

However, the change has not taken place on my site (the ads continue to not display properly). I am trying to upgrade my site from ad-free (which is too limited for what I am trying to do) to ad-based: which I understand will increase my allotted storage space. I faintly recall this error occurring previously with the html files; is there something I need to "flush" or reset? Can you please tell me how to do that?

Thank you.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
there is no reason for such problem. you should try clearing your browser cache or give me your site link i wanna see how ads are showing on your site

Dan

Reaction score
Hi there,
So long as you have the advertisement code on your website, we will upgrade your account to Ad-Enhanced.
Once you have the code on every viewable page of your site, please create a ticket at support.x10hosting.com where we will upgrade your account.

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
~there is no reason for such problem.
Haha, well I agree with you, but that doesn't make it go away. Cleared the cache and I am continuing to have the problem

~So long as you have the advertisement code on your website
Well, that's the thing, I'm not sure if I have the advertisement code displaying in my code or not; if it's there, why isn't it displaying? I'll create a Help Desk ticket when I have this all settled.

I was experimenting yesterday with the file and actually noticed that if I downloaded it to my computer, it said "advanced", but if I previewed the file through the file manager, the file said "logic", which doesn't sound like a cache issue to me...

I tried to reproduce the error today exactly as I saw it the other day, but I can't log on to the cPanel, that's another problem that needs to be resolved...

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you are not on Absolut or Stoli, there is still maintenance on the servers and it will appear like your files are not up to date. You can read the sticky at the top of this forum or check the news forum for when this is done. Corey estimated that it will be done today.

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
Nah, I'm on Stoli.

Is anyone else having trouble logging on to cPanel? I still can't get on.

Gah, now I can't even access my site, even though my status is "good standing" -.-

I hope whatever maintenance they are doing is cleared up soon, it's rather hard trying to change anything without access...

zen-r

Reaction score
Rather than get frustrated with it, personally I'd leave it a few more days until more of the server transfer issues get ironed out.

Also, you should post a ticket in Support if you've run out of options. They're busy at the moment, but should get to you in due course.

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
Actions Taken/Observations for reference purposes:
Alright, I was able to log back onto my cPanel again today. I took a look around and saw that the MySQL database I had created a few days ago was gone, I'm attributing that to a side effect of any file transfers between servers, not as some kind of silent admin activity. I checked the html file in question and noted that previewing it *and* downloading it now gave the same info: the original username ad version -- not the advanced version. I reuploaded the html file with the advanced version and noted that it appeared to work properly this time, even visiting my page and checking the page source confirmed an instant update to the advanced ad text. I have sent in a Help Desk ticket to upgrade my service.

The only thing I'm unsure about is that the ads themselves do not appear on my site. The page source reflects what the admins have requested, but the ads don't appear. I'm not complaining, but I'm just unsure if I am doing something wrong, or if they might deny my request for an upgrade because I missed a step somewhere.

ParallelLogic

Reaction score
I filed a help desk ticket. My account has been moved over to a new server and everything seems to functioning correctly.

:lockd:

nis-gens

Reaction score
a question
where can i find my ad code ?
and what favors does it have an account with ads ?

--edit--

i've found the cod
but the question still is
what do i get extra
and what is the difrence between corporate and advanced ?

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
i've found the cod
but the question still is
what do i get extra
and what is the difrence between corporate and advanced ?

If you don't know what extra you get with Ad-enhanced, why are you requesting it? Lol.

I can't quickly find the info for ad-enhanced - it's moved somewhere. You get more bandwidth allowance & possibly more storage. But you have to request it from Support once you've inserted the ad code.

Here's the premium info; http://x10hosting.com/premium.php

nis-gens

Reaction score
If you don't know what extra you get with Ad-enhanced, why are you requesting it? Lol.

I can't quickly find the info for ad-enhanced - it's moved somewhere. You get more bandwidth allowance & possibly more storage. But you have to request it from Support once you've inserted the ad code.

Here's the premium info; http://x10hosting.com/premium.php
hmm..
no thats not what i want :lol: thx for the info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.