!!!***Read this if you have missing files!!!***!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
There's a lot of people with a lot of questions on what's happening to X10 right now. I hope that this helps.

For those of you who don't know what's going on right now, Corey is doing some work on the servers. Long story short, X10's servers need to be upgraded for X10 to continue to work without 50% downtime. So, right now things are a little screwy. Sit tight for a few days and everything will be great! I would recommend not uploading files and making changes to databases right now to save yourself some headaches. But that's just my opinion :)

Here's what's going on, from the man himself, Corey:

Hey Guys,

I'm sure everyone has seen the give up cPanel thread. It doesn't look like we will have to give it up. I posted that thread immediately after we thought it might happen to get an idea from the community on how important it was to everyone just in case we had to look at alternatives to cPanel.

Right now we have 2 viable solutions that could fix the problem for us... we have been testing both these solutions on Cossacks and Lotus. The problem we ran into is both work great, but which one is the winner? We don't know. So we're combining servers to stress test these solutions. We need to find out now which solution is the right one for us so we do not run into this problem again in a few months.

Absolut, Cossacks, Lotus, and Stoli will all be moved to new servers with double the memory, more disk space, and faster processors. The new servers will take on the names of one of the current free servers, so you may end up going from Lotus to Lotus just the new server.

I will keep this post up to date on the transfer status of the servers.

Cossacks: 57%
Lotus: 25%
Stoli: 100% First Pass, 50% Second Pass
Absolut: 100% First Pass, 100% Second Pass, 100% Third Pass

If your server has hit 100% on the third pass and you are missing files please submit a ticket via the ticket system stating what server you were on and what files are missing. If you do not specify which files we will just restore them all and it will overwrite anything you have on there.

ONLY SUBMIT A TICKET IF YOUR SERVER HAS HIT 100% ON THE THIRD PASS, I WILL BAN YOU FROM THE SUPPORT SYSTEM AND YOU WILL NOT BE HELPED IF YOU SUBMIT A TICKET BEFORE YOUR SERVER HAS FINISHED IT'S 3RD PASS. WE HAVE THOUSANDS OF ACCOUNTS TO PROCESS AND WE DO NOT HAVE TIME TO WASTE ON THIS.

You guys make me want to bang by head against a wall.

For the last time, we have all the files on our backup server. If your files did not get copied correctly for some reason we will fix it. WE HAVE YOUR FILES IN OUR BACKUPS.

The reason it takes so long is each account is individually copied, zipped up, transferred, unzipped, and restored. Do this 30,000 times.

-Corey

Hi Guys,

We don't need updates as to what works and doesn't work here. Things will be on and off until we completely finish the transfers. We still have things to modify and configure on the new servers and plenty of issues from the move to clear up.

I will create a new thread in the news section when everything on our side is done and you can expect normal service levels again.

All transfers should be complete by the end of tomorrow. We have already started tackling transfer issues from Absolut and will continue to do so with the other servers as they finish up.

-Corey

UPDATE:

Absolut and Stoli are done. If you are on one of these servers and have a problem still, you may submit a ticket: http://support.x10hosting.com

You can find the server you are on using CPanel. On the left side of the CPanel main page after you log in, it says "Server: ____"

I will try to keep this post up to date, but Corey works round the clock and I have to sleep sometimes, so, if you want to have the most up to date status, check here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98132-update.html#post545984
If Corey has finished your server, it will look like this:
Server: 100% first pass, 100% second pass, 100% third pass

Last edited:

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
hmm corey is working very hard to maintain the x10hosting. i really appreciate that....

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll update mine (this) post with a secondary source of what percentage the servers are at.

Current (2:49 PM EST (-5GMT)) (7:49PM GMT):
Cossacks: 70%
Lotus: 50%
Stoli: 100% First Pass, 100% Second Pass, 0% Third Pass
Absolut: 100% First Pass, 100% Second Pass, 100% Third Pass

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't believe there is an ETA on being finished. Backing up your files won't hurt, but X10 has done this for you already. There will be a ton of tickets in the system for restores, so maybe this is a good idea.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I don't believe there is an ETA on being finished. Backing up your files won't hurt, but X10 has done this for you already. There will be a ton of tickets in the system for restores, so maybe this is a good idea.
An update stated that Corey is expecting to finish by the end of tomorrow.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
that the good news for all free hosting users... I appreciate corey work...well done

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
All accounts have been transferred... if your account is missing or missing data please open a support ticket at http://support.x10hosting.com

We still have a good amount of setup to do on these servers before they're back to normal. I will update this thread when we are finished installing software (fantastico, Zend, ASSP, etc...) and things should be back to normal.

Due to the suggestions from our members I am locking this thread & making one in off topic that users can post in. :p

Post comments here: Latest Update - News Response

Update: I will be re-installing Zend on both new servers and Chopin shortly.

-Corey

I have re-installed Zend and Ioncube.

I am mass updating DNS records for accounts that were not updated when transferred.

From this point on, if you have a problem with your account related to missing files, missing database data, or any other problem that has occurred in the past week that you think is related to the server transfers, you can submit a ticket. On a side note, I have been informed that mail() and fsockopen() will not work until further notice. This is known by the staff. You should not submit tickets for problems with mail() and fsockopen() or request to have your PHP version changed.

Please be patient with server errors. Corey made this announcement today:

Just to note, we are still doing A LOT of work on the servers expect things to not work properly until we're finished with it all.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I think all issues have been or are being resolved. I'm closing this thread and requesting it be removed as a sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.