Forum Skin\Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about changing our current forum skin... anyone want to look up some good ones and post them here? I think we can work out a prize if we end up picking one of the ones posted :)

-Corey

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
How about a custom one that matches the website exactly, so it looks like just another 'tab' from the top menu bar?

[Clickable link]

Last edited:

Hauzer

Reaction score
How about a custom one that matches the website exactly, so it looks like just another 'tab' from the top menu bar?

Personally, I don't think that's a bad idea but it is quite basic when I look at it. I mean, it's not got many colours to it, it's just white. Also, haven't we changed the theme for this web site before? The current one isn't too bad, I can live with it.

If there had to be a change, what about these?

http://www.extremepixels.com/forum/index.php?styleid=63
http://www.extremepixels.com/forum/index.php?styleid=101

That's it for now. I'm looking at other web sites but they don't seem to load right now. I'll post later or edit this post. ;)

lhyman

Reaction score
why not install a few and give us an option to change the skin?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

I also like this theme, I think it gives a pretty consistent overall theme for x10Hosting.

Although this could be a good idea, I actually think that if we set our own custom theme, we should brand the x10Hosting Forums name with that theme. It's always good to have a visual correlation with a company name.

Although dark/bright color themes are usually personal preferences, I think that dark themes are a bit harder on the eyes to read. I prefer white- or extremely light-gray-based themes, as it's more comforting to the eyes.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Is it that hard to make a vBulletin template? I mean is it harder then Joomla? If it's not I could make one for you, sorry I meant for us :biggrin:

From what I've seen, I think I can say that you, leviathon, are the most graphics-savvy person on these forums. I'm sure that with your knowledge and skills, you could make x10Hosting an incredible theme, better than anything else out there, in no time. :)

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
The themeing itself is hard; over 500 template files! If your gonna do that, wait for vB4 to come out; which is all tableless.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
From what I've seen, I think I can say that you, leviathon, are the most graphics-savvy person on these forums. I'm sure that with your knowledge and skills, you could make x10Hosting an incredible theme, better than anything else out there, in no time. :)

Well thank you :biggrin:

The themeing itself is hard; over 500 template files! If your gonna do that, wait for vB4 to come out; which is all tableless.

I never made a vB template before that's why I asked if it's hard. Considering more then 500 template files and new version coming soon I don't think it's good idea to make one now. On the other hand I don't think I have that much spare time right know.

I'm sorry :happysad: but before you all get disappointed I have a suggestion to make. If anyone here have a template that's technical good, with good layout (organization, not design) I believe I could add some graphics and style to it. Any template that's free to use and modify (or you have a license do to so) would be nice.

What do you think?

EDIT: Is there a free test version of vBulletin forum that I can install on my local machine cos I'm not that happy about paying $180 for it just to make a template?

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
EDIT: Is there a free test version of vBulletin forum that I can install on my local machine cos I'm not that happy about paying $180 for it just to make a template?

No, hence why a lot of the styles cost money and custom templates cost a few dollars. All free templates are for people who develop them on there sites.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
I liked our old forums, but I want something flashy, got no time to research anything up yet =[

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We may end up staying with this one ;( Oh well!

At the end of this week I'll take a look at all the submissions in here and see if I can find a better one. There are some major changes coming to the forums and would like to do it all at once.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
ooo changes! any insider info avail? ;)

kallankurup

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think that's a bad idea but it is quite basic when I look at it. I mean, it's not got many colours to it, it's just white. Also, haven't we changed the theme for this web site before? The current one isn't too bad, I can live with it.

If there had to be a change, what about these?

http://www.extremepixels.com/forum/index.php?styleid=63
http://www.extremepixels.com/forum/i...hp?styleid=101

That's it for now. I'm looking at other web sites but they don't seem to load right now. I'll post later or edit this post. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.