Can't FTP in

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsteinbacher

Reaction score
Hello,

I have not been able to FTP in to my Free server since I signed up. I have everything setup in FileZilla the way the FAQ's instruct and am getting the following errors.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 421 Service not available.
Error: Could not connect to server

Now I can't access my control panel, maybe updating that though.

rsteinbacher

Reaction score
If you are saying I can't FTP because I am on a free server, the person who introduced me to your site is useing a free server and FTP's no problem.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are saying I can't FTP because I am on a free server, the person who introduced me to your site is useing a free server and FTP's no problem.

2 notes:

1) I dunno how to fix it, but I do know:

2) Kayos wasn't saying that was the issue; this thread must've been in the incorrect forum to begin with, so Kayos moved it into the appropriate forum so it can get the assistance it deserves, and he left a reply so there's a paper-trail saying he moved it.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What server are you on?

Edit: If you don't know, what's the IP address and we can tell you.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, do you have a dedicated IP address? I don't believe x10 has any servers with that IP.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
That IP address does not belong to x10Hosting. For a matter of fact that particular IP is in my router's blacklist which is certainly NOT a good thing. Oddly enough, I ran a GeoIP on it and it's not even located in the US (somewhere in South Korea actually. Appears to belong to a free host ran by a Korean telecom company which also indicates a TON of co.cc sites being pointed at that according to DNS). Check your DNS records or try using your site's web address as the FTP path.

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
Ahh ha, I understand. Thank you.
FTP is 118.219.234.171

This IP is of NOT x10's.
From what i can understand the ip 118.219.234.171 belongs to co.cc(sorry if am wrong)
If you are using your co.cc domain , please make sure it is registered,configured and parked properly.

If you could please post your domain here, i may be able to give additional details on what went wrong.

~subeesh r

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
My account says I'm on Starka.x10 server if that helps?

In that case, Starka is currently down for maintenance the last I checked (waiting on cPanel), but you can check to see if FTP is online. Try using 69.162.111.26 as your FTP address with your cPanel username and password. In the other case, if your domain name isn't pointing to this IP, you need to see what is going on. It'd help if you post up your site domain so we can see if it's DNS issues or settings issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.