Anyone here have a home server?

master257

Reaction score
I was going to actually buy a stand alone server and plop it down in my room somewhere and set that up with windows server or something, but in the end the funding didnt pull through so I was unable to actually do so..
I did however use one of my desktops as a game/web server for like 2 months just using php and sql :D

Danielx386

Reaction score
I'm using my external hdd as a webserver. I got software that let me run a webserver off my ext hdd on ny computer without installing any software. It usb as well. No I don't have a server, I may get one, but I don't see the need yet.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
We always thought that we would never fill the 2GB of webspace we have for the main website but it soon goes lol!. But seriously if you have a good home internet connection then running a small server at home is a great way for fitting GIGABYTES of content inside a small amount of web space.

Embedded content , don't ya just love it :)

xPlozion

Reaction score
i've got a headless arch linux install on a dell pc (got it free). use it primarily for streaming music/videos on samba, and backups

techgeek1499

Reaction score
I have two servers, but now only one, but soon will be two. But I use it to upload like php files to check them so I don't have to use my website. And the Server my friend actually made... So yea..

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd quite like one, but it seems a lot to manage and set up, so that's what deters me.

caseypaite

Reaction score
I too have a home server that i use only for testing purpose on local network. It's a WAMP server. I also use Opera Unite as file server and media server whenever there is a requirement. So, in short I don't have a server that is available for public access and my Opera Unite service is available only whenever i have to share some files with friends.