Port Redirecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolv1994

Reaction score
Is there any way I can make port 43594 on my domain gawdscape.com redirect to gawdscape508.no-ip.org?
So port 80 would be my website and 43594 would be my no-ip.

joshua filby

Reaction score
Nope, X10 doesn't allow 43594 or 5555 for security reasons. I've tried it before.

Edit: Sorry read it wrong, and I don't know that.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I really doubt that this would happen for you, but if you have a very good reason why you need this done, I will forward it to a staff member for a final reason.

coolv1994

Reaction score
Well I need it forwarded because I have a webclient and I don't want to run Apache on my computer because it'll lag a lot and I'm trying to run a good server.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
You could just make an A-name record for a subdomain (provided you have a top-level domain), and point it to your computer. Ex. Play.yoursite.com

I work for a private server that does this. And trust me, to run a successful runescape private server, you'll need a vps or dedicated server.

coolv1994

Reaction score
I use GoDaddy for my .com so can I still do that? Does x10Hosting even have that?

Last edited:

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
Actually, it'd probably be easier to create a CNAME record for his domain. I know that can be done from x10's end, although an admin would have to do it for you.

--- Mr. DOS

coolv1994

Reaction score
Ok well I need help on doing all of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.