The details of the problem..

johnyeo90

Reaction score
hey john here..

I want to put my autoresponder script on my web hosting, which required a .htaccess file

with ``Register_globals turned ON``

But after i uploaded this .htaccess file to my site, it suddenly show 500 Internal Server Error.

^The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@nocashworries.co.cc and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6 Server at nocashworries.co.cc Port 80^

And when i log into my error log and i see.. it show the following sentences:

[Tue Mar 09 17:22:02 2010] [alert] [client 180.72.1.216] /home/johnyeo9/public_html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Tue Mar 09 17:22:02 2010] [alert] [client 180.72.1.216] /home/johnyeo9/public_html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Tue Mar 09 17:21:59 2010] [alert] [client 180.72.1.216] /home/johnyeo9/public_html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Tue Mar 09 17:21:59 2010] [alert] [client 180.72.1.216] /home/johnyeo9/public_html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Tue Mar 09 17:21:58 2010] [alert] [client 180.72.1.216] /home/johnyeo9/public_html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
[Tue Mar 09 17:21:58 2010] [alert] [client 180.72.1.216] /home/johnyeo9/public_html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.

Can someone please teach what to do cause this problem already appear for about two weeks and
havent solve yet..

Thanks for all the advices..

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You cannot enable register globals via .htaccess on x10hosting.

Not sure if you can adjust anything about PHP via .htaccess, the way they have Apache configured.

johnyeo90

Reaction score
You cannot enable register globals via .htaccess on x10hosting.

Not sure if you can adjust anything about PHP via .htaccess, the way they have Apache configured.

so that mean we unable to settle this problem anyway..??

Last edited:

johnyeo90

Reaction score
Please see this: http://www.php.net/manual/en/security.globals.php
Register globals is highly discouraged, obsolete and insecure. It'd be better to rewrite your autoresponder script to work without register globals.

Thank you for the info..
The script was given for free to me and i would like
to use it now.. is it really possible for me to rewrite
the script??
I know nothing about it.

marshian

Reaction score
If you know nothing of PHP it might be a little annoying and quite some effort, but it's certainly possible to rewrite the script so that it no longer requires register_globals.

johnyeo90

Reaction score
If you know nothing of PHP it might be a little annoying and quite some effort, but it's certainly possible to rewrite the script so that it no longer requires register_globals.

Thank you..i will make some research on it..