Just bought an ipad

arizonapcrepair

Reaction score
I just purchased am iPad and so far I love the device. I haven't gotten on my iMac ever since I brought the device home. I sold my MacBook for this device and so far so good. I mainly work insidenof web apps so it works great for what I need a portable device for.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
*throws envy at arizonapcrepair*

You're so lucky, I want one :D

I'm wandering whether to get a MacBook or iPad, I already have an iMac and iPhone (and I'm upgrading that in June)

~Callum

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you're liking your iPad. You should have waited until OS 4 came out before buying it though!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Smith: that's probably going to be next january's keynote.. :p

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Smith: that's probably going to be next january's keynote.. :p

I know :p. Just saying since by that time, Apple will be done with their marketing devices and will have the new OS out, along with maybe better hardware and at a cheaper price.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
/me hearts a good 30% off.

/me loves having his brother work for apple.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
iPhone OS 4.0 is going to be announced on April 8 and released on June 28... not worth waiting, considering it'll be a free upgrade for iPhone 3GS and iPad. Yey multitasking :D

~Callum

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I got one too! :D (32GB WiFi)
Here's a couple pics. The first one is from saturday before I took the plastic off, the other is from today with this thread displayed.

ipad1.jpg

ipad2.jpg

smartflight

Reaction score
Wow...awesome!
I wanna buy one too..it's no use to me..but I want one! XD

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm wondering how long until Sharky comes in here and flames Apple and says that everyone should get windows?

~Callum

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Lol

As much as I like linux and M$, I might consider get one, just to play with it, when they lower the prices (a.k.a. second gen at least)

nexhunter

Reaction score
Well we all will see thursday when apple does there preview of the next generation of the iphone os if the ipad will actually become something more than an oversized ipod that can do books from apple's book store.

But I would actually would enjoy getting one later on just so I can have music or use the internet when using Photoshop so I don't lag my computer to death yeah for my Pentium d :'(.

and let go soxs beat those yankees

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
It has much better specs than an iPod touch, longer battery life (like more than half of its inside is battery) and performs a lot better.
I must say that Apple is true to their word- it is the best experience for Internet, email, photos, video and more.
Its speakers also work really well too.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Well we all will see thursday when apple does there preview of the next generation of the iphone os if the ipad will actually become something more than an oversized ipod that can do books from apple's book store.

But I would actually would enjoy getting one later on just so I can have music or use the internet when using Photoshop so I don't lag my computer to death yeah for my Pentium d :'(.

and let go soxs beat those yankees

Now if only my TV provider offered the YES! network... DISH Network doesn't carry the network, and the only providers that do in my area are Time Warner the cable company, and Verizon FiOS my telephone company (FiOS isn't here yet. We still use copper).

It has much better specs than an iPod touch, longer battery life (like more than half of its inside is battery) and performs a lot better.
I must say that Apple is true to their word- it is the best experience for Internet, email, photos, video and more.
Its speakers also work really well too.

The iPod uses twin speakers. I take it that is really helping it out in terms of sound. The speakers actually look like speakers compared to what the iPod Touch has which looks like a box or a resistor.

mythic ghost

Reaction score
Well personally the Ipad is not the best for me! I dont really like it and i also believe its an oversized Ipod, it really has no new features except another huge amount of money to buy it!