System Status missing from cPanel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belltown

Reaction score
There used to be a link at the bottom of the left-hand panel in the cPanel display that you could click to display the current status of the system and all its components. That link has now disappeared from http://absolut.x10hosting.com:2082/ Is there somewhere else I can go to get the server status?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
No, the only way to know the server status is from cPanel. I will notify an admin about it.
By the way, could you include a screenshot of the menu or the whole page?

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
The admin I contacted says that it has been disabled because some users don't know how to read it.

belltown

Reaction score
That seems like a strange reason to disable a feature that does provide useful information for those who do know how to read it. For example, if I had a problem accessing my web site, I could look at the system status and determine whether or not the httpd server was running. If not, then it would save me the time of troubleshooting my own internet connection to see if that was the problem. Without the system status information it will be a little harder to determine where the problem lies, and could potentially lead to more support tickets for you folks to deal with.

From reading these forums it seems that there are many other features that many users seem to not know how to use. Are these features going to be disabled as well because some users don't know how to use them?

Last edited:

Dazz

Reaction score
I agree, I check the status before posting stupid questions. Now my website isn't working and I have no way of checking if one of the servers is down :(

xav0989

Community Support
Reaction score
The problem is that some users, even though the system status was stating that apache was on, reported that the webserver was down, or the CPU load row, some users didn't know what it represented, and reported it when it was perfectly normal. This is all I know, I wish I could tell you more, but it was not my decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.