Lotus Trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi_

Reaction score
Is Lotus having any troubles?

For the last week or better connectivity has been horrible for me. Occasionally a page will load in a fairly normal "few" seconds, but just as often it will completely time out. The average is probably about 10-15 seconds for a page to load, but at times I can't even connect at all.

I don't pay for hosting so I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if there's some kind of issue since the move to Chicago, or are there just so many accounts hosted on that server that slow load times are to be expected? I don't have any issues surfing in general, so I wouldn't think the problem is with my ISP & I run my own nameserver.

Thanks,
--
hemi_

hemi_

Reaction score
Yes, I read the status report, but the trouble was noticed well before Friday & I can't imagine it taking 4 days to install apache, i.e. it's still slow... ;)

Thanks for the reply,
--
hemi

Last edited:

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, I read the status report, but the trouble was noticed well before Friday & I can't imagine it taking 4 days to install apache, i.e. it's still slow... ;)

Thanks for the reply,
--
hemi

Currently your site is loading at a normal speed to me.Just check

hemi_

Reaction score
I just checked and yes it loaded nearly instantaneously, then I clicked another link on the site and it took 15 seconds to load, 3rd link 20 seconds, 4th link 5 seconds, etc... It's not slow 100% of the time, more like 80-90% of the clicks lately... I've been doing some web development for the last 1 1/2 weeks so I've really been noticing it.

I've had the account over a year and there's always been the occasional slowdowns or downtime, but nothing like the consistency I've experienced lately.

Thanks again,
--
hemi_

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
My website is on Lotus and has very consistently loaded quickly with no problems with the exception of the occasional brief outages for upgrades or other maintenance. However, something to always keep in mind is that the free servers are heavily loaded with many accounts. Free servers also get more intentional and unintentional abuse from users. You simply cannot expect to get consistently good performance from a free hosting account, even though I have personally had good luck with my own account so far. You also need to consider that there may be occasional problems with your own ISP or the routing between you and any particular server, including your own server. As an example, I have had problems accessing Google from time to time and I suspect Google has very high quality servers and well trained staff, so I must assume that this particular problem is likely either something to do with my ISP or the routing.

hemi_

Reaction score
I guess there are no known problems w/ lotus. I tried my site as I'm posting this. First load took a good 30 seconds and clicking a link never loaded (timed out). I guess it could be a routing issue, although Monday night I was chatting in IRC w/ a site member experiencing the same load times, and we're basically on opposite sides of the country (FL & CO), w/ different ISPs.

Thanks for the replies,
--
hemi_

hemi_

Reaction score
Ps. Although I haven't been able to connect to my site since the initial load, the server did finally cough up an error:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Host 'int.lotus.x10hosting.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' [1129]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

--
hemi_

dlukin

Reaction score
My site just crashed too.
It's like rolling a die. 1, 3 or 5, the site loads fine. 2 or 4, it loads really slow. 6 and it crashes/times out.

Apparently just the MySQL. Static page loads a bit slow, but loads. WordPress give connection error.

Wonder how long it will take them to fix this one.

Last edited:

ijmacd

Reaction score
I too have a site hosted on lotus. I've noticed while working on the site server response times can be a bit erratic sometimes responding immediately but occasionally 30s+ or not at all. I've also noticed slow response with ftp access as well at times. To me the load averages on the server seem quite high (small php script to check). At the moment though it seems that it is the mysql server which isn't responding and just needs a host flush. The webserver is still serving static (and non-database) files.

I've only just move to x10hosting so I'm assuming these are just small teething problems that are not indicative of a chronic problem.

Last edited:

lynnwood

Reaction score
My site on lotus has also been hit or miss for the past week or so. Although I have painfully gotten used to this over the course of the past year or so, it does seem to be more miss than hit lately.

hallevogel

Reaction score
There seems to be an issue with Lotus and MySQL. It seems to be generating the following error:
Host 'int.lotus.x10hosting.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

This seems to be happening not only to me but to a few others as well.

Any ideas what we can do?

I checked my CPanel and all of my databases seem to be missing right now.

aliasneo

Reaction score
I can't even get to my blog at all right now, i just get "error establishing a database connection"

Any ideas what's going on? I need to make some blog posts. Lotus server has been horrible since day 1, i hope it's not representative of this hosting service as a whole.

Site: http://Hamids-IT.elaosta.com

caddlykid

Reaction score
same problem here. notice downtime and slow loading page and sometime no page is loading.

hemi_

Reaction score
I'm hesitant to post, but knock on wood... The original point of this thread (which was started before mysql and the server went down a couple days ago) appears to have been corrected. I have not experienced any 10-30+ second page loads today, for the first time in recent memory.

Thanks to the Admins & helpers,
--
hemi_

Status
Not open for further replies.