unable to install cuz shell_exec??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
All accounts are now automatically set to PHP v2 (Intermediate).
shell_exec is probably only offered in PHP v3 (Advanced) which we don't give users access to.

g0tp0t4u

Reaction score
so how do i install soholaunch??

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

...??

the fantastico installer installs but then i cant use soho

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

hello?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
You would have to contact Soholauch in order to figure out how to install their software.
We can't help you with that.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
shell_exec was disabled to prevent abuse and to protect servers and users. It is not offered in Free hosting but is available in premium hosting.

g0tp0t4u

Reaction score
then i have to switch to another host? again??

heliohost was awesome. they worked. what other site builder will actually work on x10. you have soho launch in your fantastico installer...that doesnt work.... why?

also whats up with the image verification with posting. that half makes me want to leave cuz iv forgotten it a dozen times

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
The doors are everywhere ^^^^, you can leave anytime.

Thanks for using x10Hosting for a little time.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
then i have to switch to another host? again??

We cannot be held accountable for your hosting providers before (and after) x10Hosting.
If you find another host that suits you better, we have no problem with you utilizing their services.
Thank you for being a member of x10Hosting.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The captcha is to prevent spamming. If you have less than 5 posts, you are required to fill one to post.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Wow...x10...that's just cruel to offer them the kick out the door...just wow...
What happened to "well, you could use..." or "here is a nice tutorial on what you are looking for"?

Yes, the captcha is to prevent spamming.

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
X10Hosting has policies in place to protect both x10hosting as well as the users of x10hosting. These policies cannot be changed to accommodate any one particular user. If you find that x10hosting and the policies of x10hosting suit your particular needs then we are very happy to provide you with quality free hosting services. If you believe that another hosting provider can better accommodate your hosting needs then you should move to that hosting provider. That is not being "cruel". It is simply stating a very obvious fact.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow...x10...that's just cruel to offer them the kick out the door...just wow...
What happened to "well, you could use..." or "here is a nice tutorial on what you are looking for"?

He quit his hosting account before any of us said "Thanks for being a member" etc.
We didn't close the door, we're just making sure the door closes gently.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
X10Hosting has policies in place to protect both x10hosting as well as the users of x10hosting. These policies cannot be changed to accommodate any one particular user. If you find that x10hosting and the policies of x10hosting suit your particular needs then we are very happy to provide you with quality free hosting services. If you believe that another hosting provider can better accommodate your hosting needs then you should move to that hosting provider. That is not being "cruel". It is simply stating a very obvious fact.

Right. That does make sense for any business. Yet, I don't see where the original poster had an issue with the "Policies" of x10. He was asking a question and was handed a pink slip to leave if he didn't like it. No help to find a work around, solving the issue to keep them as a member, just a blunt "Its our policy, you don't like it. Leave"

He quit his hosting account before any of us said "Thanks for being a member" etc.

He did? ... Obviously, I must of read it wrong. So I went back and read it again.

Here is the original post :

then i have to switch to another host? again?? heliohost was awesome. they worked. what other site builder will actually work on x10. you have soho launch in your fantastico installer...that doesnt work.... why?

Looks like two questions. Not once did he say "I am leaving / qutting x10" ... He says "So, I have to switch hosts again?" ( Which, from the sounds of - English is not his first language - could mean having to switch accounts / servers / plans / etc )
The next two responses don't even answer his questions. They just bash him and offer him a kind goodbye.

Which, his Fantasico issue relates to http://x10hosting.com/freehosting.php. "If you want these services, you have to go to a paid account"
Nowhere is it posted by Corey or the Administration that Fantastico or the other software installer has been removed from Free Hosting and is only allowed on Paid. And so what if its easy to install programs. Sometimes I would rather have something ( or someone ) do it for me so I don't screw something up.

But it seems, regardless if its easier to install ... just because its offered, doesn't mean it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.