Help me redesign my site

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
First thing, your page doesn't have a title, it just shows the URL. Having a proper page title will help with SEO as that is what users will see when your site is returned in a search.
Other than that, the first page and all of the articles would benefit from some more images to break up the text, where possible.

gaptrast

Reaction score
You should have a title on your site.
Code:
<title>The Real Estate Tycoon</title>
for example

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
If you need a web designer, My company offers very competitive rates. Prices start from just £100, Get a free online quote at http://www.msmwebdesign.co.uk/onlinequote.html
That is just expensive! 0.o
My team would create a wonderful one for 1/4 of that price!

Well, your site is pretty basic with not much going on there...
I'm not too sure what is with the middle section as it doesn't seem to include anything.
It's gonna take a lot more work than what is set-up to really bring in viewers.
If you work hard on it, I'm sure your site's traffic will increase overtime.

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Now where did I put that can of shark repellent...

Contrary to what some would have you believe even a novice can create and put up a good looking website, after all many of the problems with HTML and CSS are universal and as such have already been solved, documented etc. A quick search of Google turns up THOUSANDS of stunning templates, online tools for creating CSS menus and all the whistles and bells javascript you could ever want to cut and paste is out there. All completely free.

The downside of doing it your self of course is that it takes time for you to learn.

Market research is a useful process for tweaking a design, go look and see how others have done things.

Artwork and graphics might also be benificial, having [text] adsense links in the top text is also distracting to the eye making the actual content harder to read. Personally I would also get the adverts off the landing page alltogether but that's just me.

Also would consider shortening the H1 titles and links so that they fit on a single line, more punchy and slightly less specific. Remember the goal is to keep the visitor on your site looking for what they want. Break the content down into smaller chunks if need be, better still of course is loads more content.

Given the sums of money involved buying / selling property then folk are going to want to see facts and figures rather than vauge waffle, eg graphs, bank intrest rates all that heavy stuff from the Wall St Journal lol. This in turn should spawn related ads for loans and accountants which are more likely to get a click than some of what is turning up on site at present.