Anyone know of a good freeware webcam software that they use?

ncc1701d

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good FREEWARE only webcam software that they use?
Looking for someway of montoring the video from a webcam while I work but I dont want it to take up alot of screen realestate.
nothing fancy. No screen capturing or motion capture needed.
thanks

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Skype?

Lol. Why not try google if skype isn't what you're looking for.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds like you are looking for something more like a security camera monitor. That might not be your use for it but that's the type of software you're looking for, right?

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
If I understand you, then you mean that you want to use webcam for monitoring others and you don't want any kind of recording.Well I suggest you to VLC media player.Which can be used for watching video out of webcam and what you don't want, it can do that too.Best thing about it is that it is available for most of popular operating systems in market.

mohitblue

Reaction score
webcam software for broadcasting you could use webcammax or manycam but i think your requirement if of monitoring and not of broadcasting..you should be looking for stream line and in that case as mentioned vlc player wud serve the purpose...screen size is adjustable

bunnyxd

Reaction score
If i understand corectly u need a software that will capture video thru your cam u could try using manycams software i think ull find what u need