G:Line from IRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinight40

Reaction score
Well this isnt exactly free support, but id like to be removed from the GLINE list on irc.

Yesterday me and vigge were having fun with a DCC SEND exploit that resets anybody using a norton anti virus. Fair enough, 24 hour gline from hellsheep.

Well as the IRC guys know, im on vacation using mobile internet. Im at the airport about to go home, and of course i get a new IP because im on a new tower.

Permenantly banned from IRC. Reason: Evasion. IP: 89.204.137.205

Just curious, i guess im still evading if i go home and reconnect there?

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you think it's acceptable behaviour to be "having fun" with a DCC exploit that resets anybody using a Norton antivirus?

Top priority is the security and safety of our other users.

Last edited:

Kinight40

Reaction score
Then id imply you give vigge the same punishment, as he too committed this act. As for the true results, it would only reset one guys connection... Arcturus or something.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Then I'd imply vigge -was- given the same punishment.

Because he actually was.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Just wait for the gline to be up and come back, then no more glines will be issued. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime is the motto.

Kinight40

Reaction score
You see, the punishment is i have a permenant GLINE against a Frankfurt Mobile Broadband IP address. My only concern is if i reconnect from my home pc, which is my current location, is if i'll be re-glined.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Don't as your gline is still current, this is what is going to get you banned.

Kinight40

Reaction score
So your saying, Never ever come back to x10hosting IRC until they accidentally delete the gline database?

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes. That's what I'm doing.

Think of it this way - if they did let you back in, what would you do?

~Callum

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Yesterday me and vigge were having fun with a DCC SEND exploit that resets anybody using a norton anti virus. Fair enough, 24 hour gline from hellsheep.

I see 24 hours, not forever. You ban evaded during the 24 hours you were glined.

Kinight40

Reaction score
I unintentionaly evaded, as mobile broadband changes IPs as you move from tower to tower.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Knowing that, you ban evaded intentionally and knowingly.

Have you considered the fact that perhaps when he was banned, his client didn't display the ban notice and simply showed as "disconnected?" There are clients that do that, and being on mobile broadband where the IPs change as you change towers, he might have Glined himself unintentionally or switched to another tower just before the ban was put in place. You guys are drawing to conclusions too quickly honestly. Sit back and think for a few minutes how quickly a phone can change towers based on signal and how long it takes for an IRC session to time out.

Last edited:

Kinight40

Reaction score
And to be honest, its been about 3 days since the GLine... for gods sake just let me come back? Even that, the GLine was seriously 10 minutes from expiring.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
You said beforehand along the lines of "Meh I don't care if I'm glined, I can change IP"

I can look in the logs for you?

We do not have a RIGHT to be in IRC, it was only a privilege which has now been revoked because you (or we, whatever) abused it.

~Callum

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

To allow us to better serve our customers i am closing this thread which will allow the staff members to see which threads have or haven't been answered, this does not mean we don't wan't to help with your problem. We are fully aware of your problem and request that if you require to reply to your ticket, please just re-open the same ticket using the open thread button. This can be located in the "administrative" drop down menu at the top of the original post.

Kinight40

Reaction score
Reopened to continue dispute. Hellsheep, i understand my actions were wrong, and yeah, my bad for starting up irc while in frankfurt. Anywho.. yeah.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not going to happen, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.