SpeedTest.Net Not working for me

nandifamily

Reaction score
Must say ur school is very rich. Even the top institution in India, especially the IITs hire other ISPs for their leased lines.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Must say ur school is very rich. Even the top institution in India, especially the IITs hire other ISPs for their leased lines.

It's because
1. licensing fee is very high in India compared to USA.
2. High speed connections are very costly here and so the upstream connection cost will be high.

nandifamily

Reaction score
thanks. this is a 10 gigabit line. and as usual speedtest is not showing full speed. I uploaded a 12 min HD video of 200mb to youtube and it took less than a minute. :)

Gonrah

Reaction score

I'm using wireless router and the speed is low but not so much.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Speedtest.net is garbage for higher speed connections. Doesn't display accurate results for me at all (always something ridiculously higher than my DSL modem's sync rate). Brandon's test shows just that as FiOS doesn't go anywhere near that fast currently due to packages they offer (nor can the ActionTec really handle WAN to LAN of anything higher than 100Mbps or so). I myself use Web100 tests which are more accurate I've found. A real world download/upload to an FTP server somewhere nearby is a very nice thing to try however. There is an HTTP upload testing site ran by a University somewhere which I can't seem to find at the moment, but if you have a very fast connection, you can start up several connections to it and watch it max the upload out using a bandwidth monitor.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Sir did you defeat the useless post filter?