What is the Best AntiVirus?

Which do you think is the best AntiVirus?

• Kaspersky

Votes: 126 20.2%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • Eset Nod32

Votes: 93 14.9%
  • McAfee

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Nortorn

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • TrendMicro

Votes: 9 1.4%
  • AVG

Votes: 122 19.6%
  • Avast

Votes: 125 20.0%
  • CA

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • F-Secure, PCTools, Webroot, Panda or Other

Votes: 47 7.5%

• Total voters

subsonicx75

Reaction score
As far as free goes, I would vote Avast all the way. I believe Norton provides good protection, but it's overpriced and very heavy on resources.

satish73

Reaction score
Avira AntiVir can any one compete this...?

This anti-virus is most difficult to backdoor....

Gonrah

Reaction score
It is hard to choose. Avast and AVG, both are good.
Well, AVG have more votes and I will follow your choise.

gilyak

Reaction score
the best antivirus would be a linux ) never got infected for 12 years

vadalynnsmith18

Reaction score
This computer that I'm using at work uses NOD32 Antivirus System and AVG File Server Edition. I dont know which one of them is better :confused: because I'm not that techy.

vekou

Reaction score
the best antivirus would be a linux ) never got infected for 12 years
haha, good one. if only windows wouldn't execute programs without user allowing them to, we wouldn't need antiviruses. MSIE is the top application that spread viruses because of its ActiveX. Now, Windows notifies users if a program will execute (UAC), but it's annoying as hell.
Linux has viruses, it's just that most people don't execute these viruses accidentally.

k4non11

Reaction score
Avast its an awesome antivirus!, i am using it from a while, and i never had problems with virus before :D.

chanh.ong25

Reaction score
I spent a great deal of time dealing with Virus and Spyware but to me anything that should not be in your pc is infection whether it is a virus or spyware.

Infection come in many forms but mostly coming via internet and primary via browser.

Infection prevention is the key to not get infection! If you don't get infected in the first place then you don't have to spend time to clean up but that is not to say you don't need any form of defending your pc from infection.

This subject is a huge topic to discuss but I just focus on just Windows environment to keep this post short.

In Windows there are many free and none free anti virus/spyware solution and to me the best solution is something should be mostly invisible and small foot print but it should be "free"

I have use many anti virus/spyware like Norton, AVG, McAffee, Spybot, etc but they are taking too much load on the pc and it seem you have to buy a very expensive and powerful pc just to have these run on your pc to have the protection.

It is interesting that everyone has their own preference on which anit virus/spyware they like but my personal preference are as follow:

Microsoft Defender
Microsoft Security Essential
Microsoft fixIt
Glary Utilities

There is worth mention for a none free solution is Sophos.

The above solutions that I mention it takes nearly nothing on the pc and if I need to do upgrade or update it take no time at all and do periodical scanning.

The best of all they are mostly invisible and stay out of the way most of the time.

But the best still is be aware of what you are clicking and avoid the infection in the first place!

It is getting too long so I will stop here!

Thanks for your time.

denzil

Reaction score
I like avira the most. It has higher detection than others I have tried. I recall doing a scan once with AVG, it picked up 3 viruses or so, but did not fix my problem. I followed that up by avira which then found about 8 more that AVG did not. But hey, that's only from my personal experience :)