HTML code HELP... My page is not showing

relifeinc39

Reaction score
The page isn't showing properly because the images don't seem to exist. Are your images uploaded to http://relifeinc.x10.mx/images? (public_html/images) That folder doesn't seem to exist at all.

Thank you so much fo rthe help. It worked. however, i have over 600 images. Is there a way to upload the folder, as opposed to uploading pics individually?
Also my page works on Chrome and Safari, but is skewed on firefox and IE. Is there a way to rectify that?
Thanks again for the help. Was very useful

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm using Firefox and your homepage looks fine (very nice, even :) ). To upload a whole folder, you can use an FTP client instead of the cPanel interface (FileZilla comes to mind, there are plenty of free ones if you look it up on Google).

relifeinc39

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for your comments but, Ive tried using the FTP for several days now to upload my pictures, and Ive ended up losing everything. I do have the images, and have tried everything that could have read of, including File Upload, FTP and ZIP/Extracting. The images seem to be there, but are not being displayed. please what im i doing wrong. Thanks

Gonrah

Reaction score
As a last way you can upload images to another web page (image hosting sites) and link them to the main page. This will drastically increase loading speed, but when there is no other choice. . .

krofunk

Reaction score
you can archive your images > upload the archive through CPanel > Unarchive on the server through CPanel :)

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
As a last way you can upload images to another web page (image hosting sites) and link them to the main page. This will drastically increase loading speed, but when there is no other choice. . .
You say "increase loading speed" like it's a bad thing. Did you mean "increase loading time?" In either case, it's not always true. When images are posted on the same site, the browser can fetch them in the same request using pipelining, thus not having to pay the cost of setting up a TCP connection (which is negligible). Other than that, it's solely a matter of how responsive each site is. If the image hosting site is more responsive, the load time will decrease. If the main site is more responsive than the image host, using an image host will increase load time.

The main disadvantage to using a separate image host is that you can't administer everything through a single interface.

relifeinc39

Reaction score
Thank you guys. i think It worked now. i had put my images in a separate folder inside the images folder of public_html. All i had to do was just move them from the second folder into the images folder as separate files. Thanks for all the suggestions. They helped me learn a great deal while trying to figure this out.

Gonrah

Reaction score
You say "increase loading speed" like it's a bad thing. Did you mean "increase loading time?" In either case, it's not always true. When images are posted on the same site, the browser can fetch them in the same request using pipelining, thus not having to pay the cost of setting up a TCP connection (which is negligible). Other than that, it's solely a matter of how responsive each site is. If the image hosting site is more responsive, the load time will decrease. If the main site is more responsive than the image host, using an image host will increase load time.

The main disadvantage to using a separate image host is that you can't administer everything through a single interface.

Yes, I saw the mistake. I wanted to say that speed may be reduced (more time to wait) because the images will be loaded from another server. Yes, you're right that this server can be even faster than the main host, but everything will depend on its speed.