How Much Mobile Data do you Use a Month?

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
When in 3G circles, it easily crosses 5-6 gigs.Else, it is in 30-100MB(max) range.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
using 3G for internet takes about 200 MB for a month.
People have started downloading movies too..so take that count to 2 GB per month..not more than that.

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
I use less than 200MB a month usually, unless i'm using my mobile phone as a modem, then that figure increases almost ten-fold.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
2011-05-13_2033.png

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Last month I used about 1300MB of my 1024MB cap, so I got my speed cut for a few days. So far this month I've used 167MB

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
None, as I don't use any form of Wireless communications here. A person's bill/service wouldn't stand a chance if I used it due to the sheer amount of data I use. The data limit/overage charges might not stand true with some providers, but at least in the US, a 5GB Cap would be gone within the day. If it wasn't used as my primary connection though but more as a backup, it would probably be no more than 100MB due to how congested every tower is in this area. Pretty much enough to IM and check e-mail but nothing else.

As for my home's usage, last month I was at roughly 1TB of usage over the DSL.

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Woah! You like downloading movies... lol

I don't download movies or anything unlawful by any means. We just have a lot of computers in the house, I'm on the computer all the time along with a bunch of others and we all watch YouTube in HD for example. Mostly Streaming content that eats our bandwidth up if it isn't from Steam or other activity I'm doing on the network.

warlordste

Reaction score
prob about a gig i use it for my phone and playbook and with accessing and fixing sites on the go it soon adds up

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
On a phone?!

Ya know, I think constantly uploading and downloading HD video on a phone will do that lol. It might also be possible he's tethering or are running a Torrent client from their phone (lol).

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think it is not entirely impossible to cross that 10GB mark on an average if that is his only connection!
I recently met a bloke(a new recruit) who had an internet plan where the minimum assured speed was "just" 14.4 Mbps and the maximum possible speed was a mediocre 21.1 Mbps, but that came with an astronomical price though(almost equal to his current salary and that too without taxes!).

We actually had a bet whether he would attend a nature's call or phone call! xD
But, he seems like a really likeable guy, he never uses his office computer for his private use.
Sadly, he complains a lot that “this time his ISP outdid his brand new high-end cellphone (maximum possible download speed being “only” 10 Mbps)”.
Still, wondering why is he paying more for something that he really can’t have right now!

In his plan, FAP/FUP is implemented in a slightly different way than it usually is.
Here, the speeds remain at the speeds that was assured (with maximum possible being 21 Mbps) even after crossing a certain limit but a new billing starts where he has to pay per MB.

So yeah, money not being a constrain, that is possible even on a cellphone!