Blacklisted by Facebook

saviorfromthenorth

Reaction score
I was supposed to use my free hosting account for a facebook app I was thingking of doing but it seems my account is blacklisted. I have not yet used my free web host for any facebook app. So I am really wondering how I got blacklisted.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
They have all of the x10.mx and other free x10hosting subdomains blacklisted due to too many phishing attacks; we do our best to counter them, but sadly it's an uphill battle. They make new ones, we have to find them and then filter them, but usually by the time it's caught it's already been used and gives us a bad rep.

Best I can advise is to either snag a domain like a .com if possible, or see if www.co.cc will work - I don't believe these were all blacklisted by facebook yet, although they might be. That said, they -are- an external service that can be tied into x10, and there are plenty of legitimate folks using co.cc, so they're less likely to be on the blacklist.

saviorfromthenorth

Reaction score
I see, can't believe others would use something given to them free to wreak havoc on other things. Oh well I guess I will try those free domains to get around it. Thanks for the in depth reply.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What does your facebook app do?
Just curious if Facebook thinks if your app is phishy?
Can you describe the app?
I see, can't believe others would use something given to them free to wreak havoc on other things. Oh well I guess I will try those free domains to get around it. Thanks for the in depth reply.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be the app; facebook hates all of our free domains :(

Much like hotmail blocked all of the free servers for a while (and may actually still have them blocked, I haven't tested recently), facebook blocked all the domains. Thankfully, they only blocked the domains - they don't do a lookup on the url to see where it's hosted, so they didn't stop all the x10 accounts from running apps there. Just the ones using the free subdomains.

There's always the free domains from the folks like co.cc though, I forgot to mention dot.tk and cz.cc earlier too, those are two other ones I know of that are free :)

button_man

Reaction score
Facebook really do not like the x10 domains, I think.co.cc works just as well. Bit of an FYI though, I use DROPBOX to host all my facebook app content, give the a try here: www.dropbox.com

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
You can get a cheep domain name from Godaddy. the [dot]info are under two (2) USDs for one year and if you go to [dot]tk you can get a free domain name witch are not blocked.

Good Luck.

joemgap

Reaction score
Hi! You can get a free subdomain (like uk[dot]to, us[dot]to, and etc.) that are not blacklisted by facebook at http://freedns.afraid.org/.

God bless!

PS Admin please delete the link if I violate.

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just a note that .co.cc and .cz.cc are both blocked by facebook.

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have sent a request before and they have done nothing about it. I do not understand why they think they are the domain police. It is a social networking website, not a website to tell us it's safe or not safe. Even if the domain is unsafe report it to the domain's registers spam/abuse team. They will remove the domain name that is spam/abuse the terms of service within 3 business days or less.

http://www.nic.cz.cc/abuse.php
http://www.free-domains.ce.ms/abuse.php
http://www.co.cc/prosecution/prosecution.php

Last edited:

vekou

Reaction score
I have sent a request before and they have done nothing about it. I do not understand why they think they are the domain police. It is a social networking website, not a website to tell us it's safe or not safe. Even if the domain is unsafe report it to the domain's registers spam/abuse team. They will remove the domain name that is spam/abuse the terms of service within 3 business days or less.
Domain police? I think it is a means of security measure to protect THEIR servers against excessive flooding of spams and to protect legit members against phishing apps. Members are posting personal information on Facebook, and it is only right for Facebook to protect these members against phising, spam, etc. As a webmaster, you should know that it is hard to block individual addresses manually. In co.cc, you can register multiple domains and spammers can take advantage of that. So each time you block one co.cc subdomain, they can instantly use their other subdomains to spam people on Facebook. So instead of blocking individual subdomains, it is more productive to block a whole domain and enable legit subdomains one by one. But I know you already know that.

My point is that, they're only blocking abusive domains that utilizes Facebook. They're not blocking the domain from using the internet. In analogy, they are not domain police but security guards that prevents spammer from entering Facebook.

I've tried that many times, with no results.
I haven't tried that on making apps, but I've tried it on my blog, it works. At first, Facebook doesn't let me share or even like any content from my blog, it returns an error. After filling up the form and waiting for around 2 weeks, sharing and liking worked on my site.

Last edited:

saviorfromthenorth

Reaction score
Hi, guys I have tried to create a Facebook app using both co.cc and cz.cc and Facebook now tells me it does not accept redirection URLs, so I punched in my x10hosting URL and for some its works now. You guys could try out yours now. Hopefully they are also unblocked now.

bluemonkey51981

Reaction score
I use my co.cc domain, or my pcriot.com domain from x10 and they both work on Facebook... I just have to enter a capcha every time.