Is Prime or Illumination accounts really worth it?

zephyrgaming21

Reaction score
Hey,

I want some people that have these kinds of accounts to give tell if these plans are worth the extra expense or should I just go with premium hosting from x10? Does the Prime member ship speed up your website? Does the Illumination account speed the site loading up even faster? How many people are on Illumination hosting? Do you like your account? What are some way you have found to speed up your site? And lastly what kind of site do you run? ( I want to see your sites :D)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
In my opinion, both are worth it, especially Illuminated.

Prime won't speed up your website, but will allow you more resources without suspension, so you will be less likely to get suspended if you have a high resource usage website. It also means you don't have to log in to avoid inactivity suspensions.

There are less than 100 users on the Illuminated server, compared to multiple thousands on the free servers. This means that it is REALLY fast!

I personally use VPS to host my websites - http://lynxphp.com/

~Callum

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Illuminated is a separate server, which have the same hardware etc as our premium hosting servers have, and considerably lower amount of users then any free hosting server have.

As stated by Alex, currently there's less then 100 users on that server, we do plan on put more on though, as users chose to upgrade. It will however NEVER be near as many as the free servers currently have, it will be more then the premium hosting servers have though.

In the long run, a premium account will give you more benefits, possibly better speeds as well. If you chose to go Illuminated now, you can upgrade to premium should you feel a need, and put what's left on the prepaid 5 year period as credits towards your premium account.

conzone

Reaction score
Less than 100, bet everyone's like me procrastination........
I think I have been promising myself to do a upgrade for 3 months now.
But then still not got the time to do any thing....

zephyrgaming21

Reaction score
Hey thanks for everyone advice/opinion, it really helped me make my decision to go for an illumination account!

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey,

I want some people that have these kinds of accounts to give tell if these plans are worth the extra expense or should I just go with premium hosting from x10? Does the Prime member ship speed up your website? Does the Illumination account speed the site loading up even faster? How many people are on Illumination hosting? Do you like your account? What are some way you have found to speed up your site? And lastly what kind of site do you run? ( I want to see your sites :D)

But for most of amateur site makers,illuminated will give the best chance to test their skills.
For mature planner,premium will take care of the site performance.
Prime hosting is only a brother of free hosting.I feel illuminated is worth the cost.

chianghl176

Reaction score
Hmm.. just a quick question. what if I want to upgrade from prime to illuminated? what will happen to the remaining subscription of prime.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I belive they will add the remaining amount to the account
That is a nice question.But for about 5USD, I donot think a X10 support spends time on converting the remaining amount to that of illuminated account.
If that is already a computer program which is implemented to auto credit the upgraded accounts,then you will get that balance amount.
I would say that you continue with prime and open a new illuminated account.
After all it is 5USD for an year ..isn't it?

henk506673

Reaction score
i would skip prime all together. in fact forget prime and just go streight to illuminated. you get more features, more databases, more emails, more subdomains, more addon domains, more everything. it is way better than prime.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
I'm going to try and get Illumination as soon as I can pay for it (hard enough registering a domain name lol), so if you can pay for illumination accounts, I'd say that you should considering how cheap it is compared to other paid hosting. With the speed that the free servers already give, I'm sure Illumination would be crazy fast along with other features. As for Prime, it looks like a okay deal, but illuminated seems better imo :p

denzil

Reaction score
I personally am gona go straight to premium when my website is complete!

zephyrgaming21

Reaction score
I have upgraded to premium hosting for the last month and I dont regret trying it out. Premium hosting has been nothing but wonderful for me..
If your thinking whats the differences between free and premium heres what I've found: The cPanel has a ton of more features, you dont fill restricted with anything. The support responds on your account page within 5 hours, usually less then 1 hour. I just cant explain how much better it is from free and it only cost 7.50 a month with month to month service, and less if you go for 6 months , 1 yr, 2yr, or 3yr

bltgamemasterx74

Reaction score
Back about a year ago I purchased the "Double Everything Plan" I dont even know if thats still available! Well, then second off I would love to get this if it means faster speeds(Speeds and all are awesome already but wow, even faster?) Thant's pretty much all I have to say for now but please reply as I would love to find out more!! Also is there anyway to buy illuminated for less than 5 years? Kind of seems overberring but then again it seems like a pretty good deal!

Sincerely,
GameMaster

Last edited:

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
In essence, I see the 3 paid plans like this:

Prime: - A good starting point, if you're running a small website, or want to try a cheap plan before moving up.

Illuminate: - The perks of this, are you get premium-spec server hardware, with considerably less users using them. A very good package.

Premium: - The creme de la creme! This has everything you could wish for, Top Spec Hardware, Quicker Support, Domains Included, Amazing C-Panel and much more. A brilliant buy for any Webmaster who is looking for a top-quality service.

remy87x18

Reaction score
After reading the comments, I didn't realize there are 4 versions: Free, Prime, Illuminate, Premium.
Questions:
1. Are all these 4 versions or plans all own by x10hosting?
2. When I go the main page x10hosting.com, all I see is Free and Premium. Where are Prime and Iluminate data page? I want to compare all 4 versions or plans and see which is the best, where do I find those pages or url?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
1. Are all these 4 versions or plans all own by x10hosting?
YES + VPS plans

2. When I go the main page x10hosting.com, all I see is Free and Premium. Where are Prime and Iluminate data page? I want to compare all 4 versions or plans and see which is the best, where do I find those pages or url?

PRIME UPGRADE
* No Forum Login Rule
* One Cron Per Minute
* Double Allowed CPU\Memory Resources
* Double Specs (Databases, Emails, Etc...)
* Support Requests Highlighted
* Access To Prime Member Forum
* No Forum Ads

ILLUMINATED UPGRADE
* Comes with Prime upgrade

* Your account is moved to a faster server which has the same hardware
* as the premium hosting servers with fewer users then Free-hosting servers
* also it does support some features previously removed from free-hosting
* such as ASP.NET (through Mono)

see ==> http://x10hosting.com/free-hosting-comparison

winhits

Reaction score
i would skip prime all together. in fact forget prime and just go streight to illuminated. you get more features, more databases