Drupal: 6 or 7?

joemgap

Reaction score
I can say that I'm knowledgeable in drupal. But I'm confused what version should I use. Drupal 7 use very much resources that may suspends me here. Drupal 6 only use a small resource but still good as Drupal 7. Please help me to choose what's good.

Reaction score
Ofcourse the latest version. that Drupal 7. otherwise your website will have security holes and lots of errors as your hosting company upgtade its Php and MySQL.

joemgap

Reaction score
But using Drupal 7 here may suspend me because it uses more resources when installing.

Last edited:

achilleasgr

Prime Account
Reaction score
Ofcourse the latest version. that Drupal 7. otherwise your website will have security holes and lots of errors as your hosting company upgtade its Php and MySQL.

Well, Drupal 6 is still receiving security updates, and there's many modules that haven't yet been updated to work with Drupal 7, so Drupal 6 is still a reasonable choice.

joemgap

Reaction score
Thank you for all of your opinions. I started designing my website with Drupal 6. It is really relevant with the latest version. So, maybe the Drupal 6 is still okay to use.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Upgrading from 6 to 7 (which you will have to do when they end support for 6) is painful. I had a bunch of errors using stable releases of 7 upgrading from 6. I would HIGHLY recommend using 7 right out of the box. Some modules don't work, but there are plenty more that do. Meta tags is one of the modules holding up users in 6, and it's really not helpful in increasing your SEO anyway, so make sure you MUST have a module before choosing to stay in 6. The interface of 7 is better and the update system is a vast improvement over 6. Theming and module development is mostly the same, only a few variables and functions changed. In my mind, 7 is the clear winner. It's like how WinXP uses less resources but Win7 improved in so many areas, they're not even comparable.

joemgap

Reaction score
Http request (access to a web page using my site) is disable here in x10Hosting. So update module is not working on both versions. And it's easy to switch the Drupal 6 for being a HTML5 valid because it's not a RDFa that put's many attribute in <HTML>. Drupal 6 is fast here in x10Hosting that Drupal 7. Also there's no option on running a cron every 5 minutes on Drupal 7 and of course, drupal 7 cron with key is not working in cron jobs of cPanel. This is just my review.