Joomla and xammp

Status
Not open for further replies.

leanthony092718

Reaction score
hi this is my first time doing this i want to host my website. i develop it in joomla. how can i transfer my joomla project and the database from xammp.. please help :biggrin:

do.marmor46

Prime Account
Reaction score
This section of the forum is for suggestions , think u posted in wrong place :)

but to answer your question step by step

1. create a database on x10 for your site using cpanel tool "MySQL Databases" don't forget to make a user for that database to using same tool if possible use same username and pw for the database as u got on your local system saves a little work

2. open xammp built in phpMyMdmin click the database your website using then export it , save on desktop or anywhere where u find it

3. open phpMyAdmin on x10 cpanel and import the database file u created in step 2

4. upload all your website files (probably in C:\xampp\htdocs\) using example FileZilla to the folder called public_html on x10,
don't forget to update database and user information in configuration.php located in your joomla directory to be correct to the database u just made,
highly recommend Notepad++ excellent tool

5 now site should work but u need to log in back end of joomla and change the path to temp folder ect to be correct in global config, u also need to set directory Permissions, temp and cache folder in joomla should have 777 directory Permissions u can change using FileZilla or cpanel FileManager,
back end on joomla system information -> Directory Permissions u can see if the cms can write to needed folders or not

hope the info helps u, if u need more detailed info or help please post in support section http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you are using joomla,
you can use akeebabackup component to transfer the joomla site from one server to another.YOu can read further here.
www.akeebabackup.com

amaditya.mathew62

Prime Account
Reaction score
Oh thanks.I am using it now.
But akeebabackup takes lot of resources.High resource usage extensions might still hurt if its not optimized for the free hosting.
Do you have any other backup software?

do.marmor46

Prime Account
Reaction score
there is several but akeba is whiteout competition the best and allays up to date the .High resource usage is why i prefer to do tings manual x10 own tools for backup is easy to use

recommend u try akeba admin tools it will allow u to set and customize all folder and files permissions correct with the click of a button and that don't take any resource good tool to have have some other security tolls in it to

leanthony092718

Reaction score
thank you guys for your answer.. but i cant access the cpanel when i click the c panel Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at starka.x10hosting.com.
what can i do to solve this?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
thank you guys for your answer.. but i cant access the cpanel when i click the c panel Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at starka.x10hosting.com.
what can i do to solve this?

Make sure a firewall isn't blocking port 2083 or HTTPS traffic, since that is required in order to use cPanel.

Status
Not open for further replies.