Please review my Website

Did you like The NullCity?

• Total voters

nullcity.dev91

Reaction score
The NullCity...
looking for reviews on the nullity of "The NullCity".

reviews are greatly appreciated.

Best viewed on Firefox 3.6+ and Chromium 10+

Last edited:

glennemlee95

Reaction score
What I disliked about visiting the site: Mystery Meat Navigation, 2 pop ups telling me to "enjoy the music" and "We are celebrating the grand opening of" which are two of my major web annoyances, then the music starts playing and I see myself in an old myspace and geocities flashback in which I'm beating my head into a brick wall to get the glitter graphics and 5 autoplaying youtube videos competing for airtime. Your site's not that bad, but honestly autoplaying music and videos of any kind when I have multiple tabs open (which I often do) causes me to scramble to find where this sound is coming from so I can quickly close it and get on with the music I was attempting to enjoy on my computer. Also your website will be next to impossible for proper SEO and search engine crawling, they can't crawl through nor index within Flash nor Javascript and I notice your menu is JS.

My recommendations are: Remove the two pop up dialogs and use that information as a news category/section telling us what's up and what your site's about and why we and the rest of the internets should care about your site of any other site. Just because of the name of the site, my first thought is "Nulled scripts" which made me do a double take after seeing this wasn't actually the case.

Your menus aren't capable of being read nor crawled by search engines. Attempt to use or at least generate HTML structured menu's even if you have to use css as it's backend to color it. In other words, try to use something the search engine can crawl without a problem.

There's this which is also a problem.
Code:
  <meta name="keywords" content="nullcity, nulldev, nullcitydeveloper, null.dev, x10hosting, free, ms, points, iphone, apptapp2, installer, installer5, ripdev, localhost, nulliphone, nulldev, gmail, github, x10, mini, x10 mini, x10hosting, x10 hosting, free, website, hosting, personal, cloud, ubuntu, one, debian, lenny, squeeze, wheezy, sid, x10 controller, x10, controller, itunes, card, generator, apple, mac, osx, lion, free, music, downloads, free music, free music downloads, beemp3, microsoft, microsoft windows, windows, windows xp, windows vista, windows 7, windwos defender, 8, release, candidate, php, asp.net, visual, basic, vb script, vb, script, eclipse, java, personaljava, sun, microsystems, oracle" />
Some search engines are going to see this as keyword stuffing. Reduce it to be around 12 keywords that are most relevant to your site. Keywords are fine to change from page to page so that the keywords are most relevant to the page. Also keep in mind when developing your keywords, the below example is better if meaning multiple things.
Code:
Microsoft,Windows,xp,vista,7, defender,8
The above code works well with Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 and Windows Defender accordingly. If your keyword or keyphrase starts the same way "windows xxxx, Windows yyyy, Windows ZZTOP" search engines will hate it. Also keep in mind that Google will choose to ignore these most of the times, however other search engines such as Yahoo still read the meta data to a larger extent than Google.

Code:
  <meta name="description" content="THE Official NullCity Website! Now hosted by x10Hosting! New! DaNight Community! Day is nice, Night is tight!" />
Great description for a blog post, but not for a home page. Might want to consider something along the lines of below.
Code:
NullCity software developer/community/whatever this site really is about
As you can see above, even though I see you on Twitter as NullDeveloper, the site name is NullCity and see a Mystery Meat Button that reads "Join The DaNight Community", I still have hardly any idea what your website is actually about. This confuses a lot of visitors and will probably increase bouncerate.

Might I recommend for the kind of site you seem to be working towards to use a system such as Xoops or Wordpress? Wordpress isn't just a blog anymore, it's also a full blown CMS capable of many things (social networks, download managers, forums, wikis, affiliate management systems, MLMs (sadly) and even shopping carts and more, so it matches up against other CMS's such as Xoops even. Though regardless of which path you take, I still strongly recommend a CMS script.

If you don't want to take advantage of a CMS script for your site, then I would like to recommend searching for some free static HTML templates to find one that catches your fancy. These can easily be edited within web authoring tools such as KompoZer before being uploaded to your site.

Sorry if my critique may be a little offensive, but it's an honest perspective from a web developer and fellow web surfer.

nullcity.dev91

Reaction score
Im publishing security software there, thats why there is windows xp, 7, vista, and defender.
My antivirus works on windows xp, vista, 7, and 8 RC2

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

UPDATE: Best viewed on ANY Browser. Lynx might not show images.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

the menu and image links are just CSS3!
JS Scripts are just the bg music.