Can someone please help me?

gaptrast

Reaction score
Hi,

a year ago, I made a website about computer pranks... it generated about 10$ in 2-3months

After a while I decided to make a better and greater site about computer pranks, so I made a new website from scratch (with a new name).

When the new site was nearly finished, I redirected all the traffic from the old site to the new one. Sadly, the new website had some bugs (you could not download pranks, the navigation was terrible...) so i lost all the traffic... I tried to build up traffic on site #1 again, but with no luck... :'( :'(

Now, I have reorganized the new site, fixed the bugs and hopefully the site is better now :)

If you could use one minute to browse and test my site, I would have been grateful :D

Remember: I am not asking for traffic, I am asking for help (navigation,usability,bugs ... etc)

Link: http://prankify.com

Thanks!

nithin kamath

Reaction score
nice site.... Nice pranks....

i didn't recognised any bugs in your site.... anyhow, nice work...... :wink:

gaptrast

Reaction score
oh thanks, I've done a bit more with the site, so take a look! I still need some feedback please . Thanks

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've noticed a few problems. The first is that "ScreenScrew" is listed twice on your "Hot!" page. And there is some blue text that is not clickable -- one of the fundamental rules of web usability is that blue text means link. Try never to break that rule. It confuses users, and when they see that one bit of blue text isn't a link, they assume that none of the rest of it is either.

Most of the rest of the problems are grammar and spelling. I realise that you're a young 'un and that they don't let the fifth-grade English teachers hack kids half to death with rulers anymore, but this stuff actually matters, especially when you're trying to make a buck. If you get the copy (the writing) correct, it will go a long way towards gaining user confidence. They're more likely to believe that your harmless pranks actually are harmless pranks and not some ruse to get them to download malware. As an example, you have this:

How to prank a friend:
1. Download a prank on your friends computer
2. Hide somewhere
3. Watch, and laugh!

That would be better written as:
How to prank a friend:
1. Download a prank to your friend's computer
2. Hide somewhere
3. Watch... and laugh!

Apart from that, I have to say that your design ability has come a long way over the past year. You're showing a lot more restraint, and things are looking more, well, "grown up". I'd just find a way to round the corners of the containers to give it a more polished look. If you're willing to ignore IE8 and below, you can do that entirely using border-radius in CSS. (Internet Explorer 9 will finally support border-radius.) There are hacks that will make it work in earlier versions of IE, but they're more trouble than they're worth, really. CSS will work just fine in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Konqueror (not that you'd care so much about Safari or Konqueror, since the pranks are Windows-only at the moment).